this may not sound like a big deal

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BUT MY FEET are ITCHING LIKE CRAZY

What the big deal with that?, well since i found out about year and half ago that i busted my back, i dont remember my feet itching at all. In fact form the knee down in both legs, i have been half numb.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does that mean you are getting some feeling back in your legs? Spinal nerves do grow back, you know....

that it means something good.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wash them with some soap and hot water and then put some lotion mixed with a little bit of cortizone in it- that'll stop the itching

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
now that you said, that, i dont feel any numbness in my left leg at all, just itching and pain ,

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

wash them with some soap and hot water and then put some lotion mixed with a little bit of cortizone in it- that'll stop the itching
i did put some stuff on them, but leaving for work, no time for another bath

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i did put some stuff on them, but leaving for work, no time for another bath
just take a warm wash rag and wipe them down (to clean them off a bit) then put some lotion/cortizone on it. that used to really work for me when i danced. constantly having to deal with rosin powder when i used to danced/tumbled when i was younger would make my feet a bit itchy- so that always helped

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

BUT MY FEET are ITCHING LIKE CRAZY

What the big deal with that?, well since i found out about year and half ago that i busted my back, i dont remember my feet itching at all. In fact form the knee down in both legs, i have been half numb.
My feet itch like mad sometimes too. So annoying!

I soak my feet in really warm water for about 1/2 hour, then use a finger nail brush over both feet to scrub away some of the dead skin. Then I use a pumice stone on them...more aggressively on the bottoms than on the tops...to get rid of more dead skin and callouses.

Then I slather them with lotion.

I find that they itch because of the build up of dead skin that normal showering doesn't take care of. Most people don't spend much time scouring their feet in the shower, so they don't get exfoliated.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bruce, this is wonderful! Maybe you're seeing some spontaneous recovery of feeling here!
Are you still in physical therapy? Go see somebody who can evaluate this and help you make the most of it!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard an old wives' tale that you should soak itchy feet in your own pee. I'm not advocating that - never tried it - but if you're desperate...

I'd use tea tree soap. Bonus is your feet don't stink if you use it on your feet every day.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I heard an old wives' tale that you should soak itchy feet in your own pee. I'm not advocating that - never tried it - but if you're desperate....
there ya go bruce, just soak um in the toilet...that'll work

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I heard an old wives' tale that you should soak itchy feet in your own pee. I'm not advocating that - never tried it - but if you're desperate...

I'd use tea tree soap. Bonus is your feet don't stink if you use it on your feet every day.
err, would that not cause issues with the cats if i walked around the house with feet that smelled like pee? i can see them going oh, ok its ok to pee anyplace in the house

lol really , it just seems funny after this long with almost no feelings there, to suddnly start getting itching and pain there again,

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have cats, I would not recommend using anything with tea tree oil in it. It probably wouldn't do that much, and it is deadly to cats.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

err, would that not cause issues with the cats if i walked around the house with feet that smelled like pee? i can see them going oh, ok its ok to pee anyplace in the house

lol really , it just seems funny after this long with almost no feelings there, to suddnly start getting itching and pain there again,
Well, it's not cat pee, so you should be ok. I figure if they followed human pee, they would already be potty trained!
Of course, you may have cats just peeing directly ON your feet, which you may not be impressed with!

But, it does sound like a good sign. I didn't realize you have a back injury. I would recommend scrubbing them very good and, if you wear socks, use BondGold powder or cream to stop the itching.

If the nerves are coming back, could the itching be a reaction to that? Like, not really itching because of irritation but just because you're not use to feeling anything?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

If the nerves are coming back, could the itching be a reaction to that? Like, not really itching because of irritation but just because you're not use to feeling anything?
Well they are very dry, which i guess would be why the itching.
but that about a week ago, i broke some bones in my right foot, and i did not feel it at all, However now i do. and i mean, big time, i really wish i had stayed home today, Both feet, feel like they are bing hit by hammers, and itchign like crazy.

and like i side, touching my left leg below the knee now feels normal. like touching your arm.