Oh good lord this is an embarassing question

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok my little kitten is now 13 weeks old...and what appears to be her "female sex organ" is confusing me. We were told she was a female when we got her.

Does anyone have pictures on how to tell the difference?

To be perfectly honest, she appears to have testicles but I can't tell if that's what it is, her genitals seem lumpy.

I am so embarrassed asking this......we haven't brought her to the vet yet, I know, I know, that's not a good thing but I was really hoping someone on here could help me figure out her (or his god forbid) true sex.

Eeeep!!!!

Thanks so much.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you post a picture of her ... uhm ... bum?

I can tell if I can see what you are talking about.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is not the best quality because she (or oh god, he) is squirming like crazy, I need my husband to come home and hold her for me...but I'm embarrassed to even suggest this theory to him, especially if it turns out to be wrong...

Can you see by the picture the little lump behind her urination hole (if that's what you call it).

LOL I'm so embarassed...but I really just don't know if those are testicles or not.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO it looks awful "rounded" - at 13 weeks he/she is old enough to be spayed/neutered, so make an appointment with the vet and schedule the alter. Did you get the kitten from a breeder or rescue?

And don't feel too bad - I've mis-sexed a cornish rex. It was the only kitten (so no comparison) and all white too. IMO the kitten looked like a boy when born up till the time for his first shots. The vet asked me if I was SURE I had a boy - cause the kitten he was holding was a female..........talk about being embarrased! But I swear the little girl had "balls".....

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
um, that kind of looks like a boy to me... hard to make out the picture really well though. does it matter really? once they are altered its no big deal is it really when it boils down to it? Beautiful cat either way!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Rounded as in male or female? I'm so confused, every website has pictures but they're so similar, I'm so confused!!!! Did your kitty have what seemed to be, um.... lumpiness behind their...ummm... little hole?

We don't want to spay or neuter just yet because we've moving to a different state in a month and want all of her records at the same vet.

We got her from someone who had taken in a pregnant stray to take care of and ensure the kittens were ok...and this person used to breed I guess.

I've touched it and it's like soft n lumpy.....do females have that ????

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a little boy to me.

Do you have a current face picture too? And an alternative boy name picked out?

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh and we love her/him as if she or he were our own little child so the sex doesn't matter....but her name is Sophie...
and I guess I'd just like to know for sure. Poor thing would be mighty confused if we had to change her name. Oh wow.... She's getting sleepy so I'm going to try to take another picture.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a boy to me, too but I could be totally wrong. How about the name Simon?
Please do let us know when you find the answer!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, a little better quality for you kitty experts...btw, thanks so much for the replies...this is so embarrassing.

laying on her back :

me TRYING to twist up her tail:

/\\ /\\ are those testicles????????

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaniMarie

are those testicles????????
Definitely

So.... what are you going to call him? He's young enough that he shouldn't have a problem with any name change.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL WOWWWW!!!

Well *he* (wow this is going to be hard to adjust to) also answers to Ophie and Ophiekins.

So I guess we'll drop the S.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Sophie is a 'he' too!

Hmmm...Sophie - Ophie
Sophie - Opie
Sophie - Stewart - Stewie
Sophie - Simon
Sophie - Samson

There's quite a few different ways you could go with this. Either way, s/he shouldn't have much trouble with a name change as long as you're consistant (and positive reinforcement with treats would probably help too!)