Can we all just whine about the heat for a minute?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, okay, I know how annoying it is when people complain about weather.

But it is HOT. It is so hot that I couldn't even stop to get ice cream because the heat took my apetite. It is so hot that I look like I've been for a run and I just walked home from class (granted, a 20 min walk, but an easy one).

I can't even remotely imagine not having a/c in this.

And also it's so muggy you can see the air. And it smells like burning rotten garbage, but I guess that's what I get for living in urbania. It's only May!

How about you? Hot enough for ya?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I haven't been outside to feel it but it's definately hot in the apartment. I just can't believe it's going to be 90 tomorrow and it's the end of May. This used to be July weather.

dragoro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hehe try living down here by me in Florida, or out in Tucson Arizona. Ive lived both places, I prefer Tucsons scenery, but Floridas weathe. Highs where Im at are supposed to be 89 through Sunday : P

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm one of those people who just hate the summer, the bugs come out, the neighbors are always around making a racket, my a/c has to stay on and it costs a fortune and the days are way too long. Give me the Fall anytime and darkness at 5pm like it should be, I hate having to change the clocks too. I love Winter also except of course for the snow and ice but at least you can breathe easier and air is so much cleaner, I think I answered your question :-)

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not really humid but its hot for Wisconsin this time of year-about 86F now. Worked early today at a couple of jobs-the sweat was just dripping off my face!! But even with fluids I stopped sweating so I stopped working - I weigh myself in the morning and when I come home so I know how much fluids to keep drinking-its been about 2.5-3# of fliud loss in about 8 hours!!
On the other side the house is fairly comfortable (no A/C). Chance of T-Storms finally tonite and tomorrow.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was really hot last week, and for the past 3 days its all of a sudden cold again BRRR! Today i have a really bad headache, and im just blaming it on the weather not on the B52 that i drank last night

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its been really icky and humid here- I finally turned the AC on yesterday because it was just getting horribly stuffy in the apartment, even with the windows open
I just hate leaving the boys home all day in a hot stuffy apartment! I came home today & found them cuddled under fleece blankets- now its too cold for them!
I'd rather it be a bit chilly in there rahter than too hot tho

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's been really hot here too. It has been almost 90 degrees for the past 10 days and no rain in sight!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate hot, humid weather!!! There's my whine.
It's been in the upper 80's for the past few days here and even hotter today. With the humidity, it's miserable and we've got a smog alert. I broke down and turned on the AC last night. Looking forward to the weekend when it will be cooler with highs in the 70's and rain, which we really need.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot?! Supposedly weather.com says that its 80 outside right not, but I have yet to feel it.

I sit directly underneath an air duct and despite my aluminum foil contraption to block some of the cold air...its still cold
BRRRR

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Okay, okay, I know how annoying it is when people complain about weather.

But it is HOT. It is so hot that I couldn't even stop to get ice cream because the heat took my apetite. It is so hot that I look like I've been for a run and I just walked home from class (granted, a 20 min walk, but an easy one).

I can't even remotely imagine not having a/c in this.

And also it's so muggy you can see the air. And it smells like burning rotten garbage, but I guess that's what I get for living in urbania. It's only May!

How about you? Hot enough for ya?
NNNNOOOOO!!!!! Don't say it's already hot in Ohio! I'm coming out there again in August (yeah, I know, the worst possible time to go to Ohio
), and last year we just about melted from the heat and humidity.

Here in Colorado...well, I can't say it's been too terrible. Monday was quite warm at around 85, but yesterday was chilly and rainy, and today is only supposed to be around 60. Springtime in Colorado, that's for sure!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it when its hot out. I can't wait until its winter again.
We only have a window ac in the living room. I miss central air.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd love to join your whine session, but it wouldn't be right to complain about temps in the low 20s C (low 70s F) with
and a light breeze. More of the same tomorrow I gather.
But I do sympathize.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know everyone says this, but it's not the heat it's the humidity.
It could be 100 degrees outside and as long as the humidity was low I'd be fine.
The second that humidity goes up one percentage point the central air comes on...it's on right now.
I'm not sure what the temp is here right now, but it sure is stuffy.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely adore the heat. I've never owned an A/C in my life, and have only used it in cars when the temps go over 95 degrees.

It is SO much easier to cool off when hot than the other way around - the cold gets into my bones and then it feels like I can never get warm enough!

So I can't complain about the heat. I'm HAPPY that summer is on the way.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my only complaint is the humidity. we've got the AC going, but i set it at 78* when we're home. today it's just to take the stickiness out of the air. it's only 80* outside, but so humid it's hazy. we're supposed to get thunderstorms late tonight into tomorrow.

dragoro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I absolutely adore the heat. I've never owned an A/C in my life, and have only used it in cars when the temps go over 95 degrees.

It is SO much easier to cool off when hot than the other way around - the cold gets into my bones and then it feels like I can never get warm enough!

So I can't complain about the heat. I'm HAPPY that summer is on the way.
Cheers to that. AC makes me sick to my stomach also.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Well I haven't been outside to feel it but it's definately hot in the apartment. I just can't believe it's going to be 90 tomorrow and it's the end of May. This used to be July weather.
Yeah I WISH it was only 90 here.... It's going to be like 110 at the beginning of next week. Today is like 102 or 104 or something like that.....