Traditional Lilac Point Siamese Needs Name!

hunnybear6504

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The following post can be found in "The Cat Lounge" under "Help Name My New Cat". The attatched pictures just accompany this post:

Hello everyone! I am new to this site, but already love it. I have recently adopted a one and a half year old lilac point traditional siamese cat. She is so beautiful and unique, and my husband and I can't think of any name that is perfect enough for her! I don't have the privaleges yet to post pictures with my threads, so I put her picture under "The Cat Lounge's" "Fur Pictures and Video's Only!". Her thread is under "Traditional Lilac Point Siamese Needs Name!". We would love to get some suggestions of names for her

Also, if you Google a "traditional lilac point siamese", she pretty much looks like the first picture that comes up. Her body is that creamy siamese color, with a hint of almost grayish purple! She is short haired and very petite, with the darker siamese "points" on her tail and face. She has the most icy blue eyes I have every seen, and the cutest face. She is probably a mix of something else, because she has a few smoke gray spots with white around her nose. She is a doll! I would like her to have a name that is unique or original. We just moved to Florida, so any type of tropical or spanish name would be neat! I have even been looking at maps at different islands around here to see if there are any that would make a wonderful name for her. I hope everyone checks out this thread! I would love to hear your suggestions! Thank you everyone

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I was looking here and found these names:

Paulina
Maritza
Carmelita
Maribel
Nevada
Sonora

There's SO many more at the website, though, you should take a peek.

BTW, she's absolutely gorgeous - I can't wait to see wat you name her!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, something about her says "Gretchen" to me... can't really put my finger on it... but it's all that came to mind.

Ooh and I just looked it up... it means "pearl"... that's so cute!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's adorable!

What part of Florida did you move to?

Unique names...how about:

Moss (for Spanish Moss) or

Glade (for Everglades)?

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aha somehow I missed the Florida thing...

Ok well lets see...

Captiva
Arcadia
Econlockhatchee? No, probably not.

Sable (aka sable palm tree)
Sago (aka sago palm)

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ooh she is lovely
From the siamese pictures I've seen on here in the past, her nose looks so unique from those!

I liked this one:
Blossom (because the State Flower of Florida is the Orange Blossom)

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny1124

ooh she is lovely
From the siamese pictures I've seen on here in the past, her nose looks so unique from those!

I liked this one:
Blossom (because the State Flower of Florida is the Orange Blossom)
Blossom is a pretty name!

I also thought of Sunshine or Sunny (for the Sunshine State)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First IMO she's not a lilac point - don't know who told you that, but from the pictures she's a blue point with white on her (like a mis-marked snowshoe)
She is pretty.

My name suggestion is "Ayrabella"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hunnybear6504

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all these great suggestions!
I am really loving some of these (especially Econlockhatchee
Ha ha, just kidding). I can't wait to look these over with my husband. He is at work right now... I am still checking out the baby names site that is posted above... it has a bunch of original names too
I have been looking up a few names on that site according to their meaning. I looked up names that mean "Ocean" and "Water" for her icy blue eyes, as well as names that mean "Sun" (for sunny Florida) and "Moon" (I don't know why I did that one???
). I can't imagine what it would be like to name a child! This is tough
Our other cat's name is Azlyn. My husband and I watched the movie "The Chronicles of Narnia" together, and "Aslan" was one of the main character's names. Aslan means "lion" in Turkish. I thought that that was so cute, so we changed the spelling to a more feminine form, and that is how we got our first kitty's name
I can't wait name our new kitty
By the way, we live in the Gainesville area of Florida... I will keep checking this thread and I promise to keep you posted!

sshapkido

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmmm....Mariposa....means butterfly. That sort of looks like a butterfly on her nose.

I thought about naming my cat Ezmerelda. I'm not sure why.

Gabby, Isabelle, Julip (the name of a local resturant here), Kaarlon (name of a local cat rescuer), Lucy (Lucygoosey or Lucinda), Rosalita, Ursula, Wilhemina (long story behind that name).

happy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've got it...how bout Cabo or Croix or Belize? all sunny places....or you could use babelfish and see how pretty kitty is said in Hawaiian...

sailor
mahalo
tiki

I need some sleep...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about Lyla for Lilac Point. My hubby wanted to name Bijou Lyle because he is a Lilac Point Siamese. I really wanted Bijou because his eyes looked like little jewels to me.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww what a beauty she is

Lots of suggestions already, so hopefully you'll come up with something soon - she is a treasure and keep those photos coming
as you know we love photos here

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hunnybear6504

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is the second time I've read on here that she is a blue point... What is the difference between the lilacs and the blues? Is it just their markings? I don't know much about them... I guess I should start calling her a blue point then
As for names... We really like Soluna, Sonora, Sanibel, Blossom is cute, and I like Ayrabella or Ayrabelle maybe??? We are getting close!!! I know a few of you said to keep the pictures coming, and since no one has seen our other kitty Azlyn, I posted some pretty funny and cute pictures of her. Those are under a new thread called "Azlyn". She is quite a snotty kitty! And very spoiled as well
Her and our new cat are beginning to sniff noses without hissing, so I think they are getting close to being friends... I hope!!! I'll let everyone know when we name our new kitty. Until then, check out Azlyn's pictures
~ Thanks again for all the great suggestions