What's your favorite summer flower?

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that spring/summer is here I was just wondering what everyone's favorite summertime flower is? I just love Geraniums in bright red or fuschia, I think they're so pretty. I also love Impatients and Petunias, although the Petunias I don't do well with.
I'm really looking forward to starting my planting soon!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be the daylily. Have a yard full of them. (And lots of weeds.
)

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love Poppies! At our last home I had five different kinds..Now I only have one. I need to go plant shopping!

Second favorite...daylilies

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im trying to think off all the different flowers I picked out to plant in my moms garden....Ok, we skipped petunias this year...Got some marigolds, panzies (purple and white combo and blue and yellow combo), and some light pink flowers, some dark pink and white flowers, and some dark pink flowers (lol I cant remember the name)...Also some little yellow flowers and purple ones (also cannot remember the name)! This is going to drive me crazy now! I spent all Monday putting them in the garden and now I cant remember what they were! Oh wait I forgot my favorite.... I like Calla Lillies (tho I think they are a spring flower) I also like Stargazer Lillies and Lily of the Valley!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite are Daisies! I wish I could grow them, but I can't
I kill every kind of flower I ever tried to keep!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my roses!!! I love to see the new blooms open on them.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love purple thistles. Not exactly a garden flower.

As a child I would always pick a big bunch of them, scissors + leather gloves + rag. Sometimes if I notice any growing nearby I'll go pick a few, they last for quite a while in a vase.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love pansies and anything that grows from a bulb. My mother had an iris that started our dark purple and every year it got darker until it got black. We had floods in our yard and every year the bulbs would wash away. She would wait until she saw them growing in any neighbor's yard and would sneak down in the dead of night and steal them back. I asked her why she didn't just ask for them, but she was afraid she would not get them back and then whoever had them would know she was the one that got them. It was hilarious! All the neighbors knew she was doing it, but no one ever told her. She would have been so embarrassed.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For me, there's nothing more beautiful than the simplicity of a daisy.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just one? I love them all
Dahlias and irises have always been special to me. Same with moss roses (portulaca ?). Evidently, my grandmother grew the little moss roses because my mother loves them.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adore columbine--the shape, the variety of colors, even the leaves are gorgeous. I also love lilacs, just can't keep my nose out of those blossoms!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

I adore columbine--the shape, the variety of colors, even the leaves are gorgeous. I also love lilacs, just can't keep my nose out of those blossoms!
That's my favorite too. I love all of them but that columbine is a special flower.

bakearama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have three favorites; Columbine, daisies and hibiscus. We have three hibiscus plants by our back door and they get bigger every year, it's amazing how biig a flower can be.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeee lilacs.. they smell so good! and daisies, too. I also love sunflowers.

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm..... Hollyhocks, no roses, wait no, daliahs... I mean zinnias ...
Oh, forget it, I can't choose!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peonies are my favorite, especially the pink and salmon color ones. I actually don't have any in my yard but there is a retired couple who live two doors down from me that are really into gardening and spend most of their time working in their yard. They have several different color of peonies in their gardens which are just gorgous. I also like lilies, and pansy's especially the purple and yellow ones.