Do Your Kitties Ever ...

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... suddenly have the urge to touch you?

I don't mean like how they wind their way around your legs or rub up against you, but do they suddenly reach out and pet you? Spike does that -- we'll be cuddling together on the couch, and he'll reach out with a paw and just sort of lightly pat my arm or leg, as if to reassure himself that I'm still there and still real. Or he'll reach up and tap my face gently. Oz does this, too, but not nearly as often, and the two of them are the only cats that I've witnessed doing this. It's very, very sweet.

They show their affection in other ways, of course, but somehow when they "pet" us it just seems more endearing. (I'm fairly certain that our cats are convinced that we're the pets.)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys always do, and I love it. If Harley is sitting next to me anywhere- he always has to have one paw on my arm or leg, he always has to touch me. And Bayley is the exact same way
I love it!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Reilly touches me all the time. When he sits on my lap he will reach up and put his paw on my face...awww!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mom has a large mole on her chin. As she held cats as they slept, they would rouse up and reach up to touch her mole. Then they'd go back to sleep. Sis and I did it, too. I guess it reaffirmed that Mommy was still holding us.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YES... Especially my kitten! Sometimes when she is rubbing on my legs I go to pick her up and she lifts both of her paws into the air and holds my face! She also stretches out next to me in bed and likes to touch her paws to my lips and of course my hair and face ( i just dont like ti when she grabs my lips with claws and all)! She is so damn loving that way!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup!
My kitties do that too and i just adore it
Kojak does it the most- it's sooo sweet. He is such a little cuddle bug
I just adore my sweet little fella!

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Whenever I hold Quill he likes to paw my face ever so gently. When I'm sitting he loves to lay down and just fiddle with my feet, sometimes just holding them and giving them a bath
And in bed sometimes he will just grab my hand and lick for ten minutes and its just so sweet.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Occasionally Sho will lightly paw me when he's sitting next to me or when I'm in bed. He prefers to bother DH at the computer,
he'll reach up and tap DH on the arm or shoulder. But that's just how Sho begs for an extra meal.

Tomas is the snuggly one. If I lift him up towards my face with my hands under his front legs, he'll paw at my face. He rubs his paws all over my face if I lean over him while he's laying in my lap or next to me on the bed too.

Max, the not so nice, outdoor kitty will spontaneously walk up and bite my legs, hard, for no reason.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Clyde usually sleeps wrapped around my leg, and sometimes as he's falling asleep, he just strokes my thigh a few times with the soft little pads of his paws.
I love him so!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that - the little paw reaching out to rest on your mouth or stroke your cheek.

Radar is not the cuddliest cat but he comes to me for cuddles usually once a day and sometimes he will look up at my face, blink his eyes slowly, and reach out and rest his paw on my face.

Sonic will curl up next to me in bed and put all four paws on my mouth

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

... suddenly have the urge to touch you?

I don't mean like how they wind their way around your legs or rub up against you, but do they suddenly reach out and pet you? Spike does that -- we'll be cuddling together on the couch, and he'll reach out with a paw and just sort of lightly pat my arm or leg, as if to reassure himself that I'm still there and still real. Or he'll reach up and tap my face gently. Oz does this, too, but not nearly as often, and the two of them are the only cats that I've witnessed doing this. It's very, very sweet.

They show their affection in other ways, of course, but somehow when they "pet" us it just seems more endearing. (I'm fairly certain that our cats are convinced that we're the pets.)
Well, of course we are their pets! Alley lays right on my chest at night and reaches out like you say and touches my face quite often. BTW, this is very uncomfortable for me, but I lie there like that anyway so that she will think I am a good pet...

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Summer will reach out and dab my face when she wants my attention. She is infamous for laying one paw out and tapping or kneading us as she rests on our lap. She will also wrap her paw around our hand so we keep petting her.

Chevy will use our legs as a place to "stretch" when he wants our attention.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sassy does that all the time, he likes to sit on the back of my recliner when I am watching TV and his paw is always resting on my head. Linus is getting more cuddly everyday as well. Now when he sits or lays beside me he has to be pressed right up against me. Which is okay except during this heat wave we are having now. What is also cute is Linus just loves Sassy and is always rubbing up against him. Sassy is usually pretty good natured about it unless treats are involved. We have been training Linus about the difference between eating his own treats and leaving Sassy' alone. It has taken a couple of days but he understands now.