KatKwiz #44 - Geography lesson?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Not exactly, but it is always nice to learn about our members.

Note: There are now new, simpler rules posted. Please review them when you have time by clicking on the KatKwiz link below. The big difference is that now YOU DO NOT furnish any information on how you found the answer. If you need to add a little verbiage so that your answer is not too short for TCS rules, please do so.

Standard Day - 300 points.

Name the southernmost city that yayi has lived in

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Not exactly, but it is always nice to learn about our members.

Note: There are now new, simpler rules posted. Please review them when you have time by clicking on the KatKwiz link below. The big difference is that now YOU DO NOT furnish any information on how you found the answer. If you need to add a little verbiage so that your answer is not too short for TCS rules, please do so.

Standard Day - 300 points.

Name the southernmost city that yayi has lived in
There seems to be little to no interest in the new way of playing. We can go back to the old way, what do you think? Note that with the new way, I would be explaining in detail how to find the answer so you would still be learning how to use TCS. What do you think? Seriously. Since over 200 people looked at KatKwiz yesterday and then suddenly hardly anybody is looking at it, I just wondered if you can clue me in on whether it was a bad idea to try the new simpler way for a while. Any input would be appreciated.

Did the word geography scare you?

Are we going to get a correct answer today?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think people are getting bored with the game. I personally don't like waiting all day for the answer. There are only two answers to give so I am guessing I put the wrong one down.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I think people are getting bored with the game. I personally don't like waiting all day for the answer. There are only two answers to give so I am guessing I put the wrong one down.
If the majority of people agree with you, I will end the game immediately and return all points to those that donated them to me.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the game and espically the new format. Having to detail how the answer was found was a big deterant for me. But I am scared of geography!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Having to detail how the answer was found was a big deterant for me.
Thats why I really don't participate, especially when there are a lot of different ways that you can find things on this forum.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I personally don't like waiting all day for the answer.
If the majority would like the answer given right away, we will do it. However, we have no correct answer yet today.

It is my aim to make KatKwiz the way people would like. That is why I added the new ability for our members to make up the KatKwiz questions (see the new rules). I thought this would greatly improve the interest in the game having our members make up the questions and having our members answer the questions while I just post and pay out the points.

If giving the answer early is what people want, I will do it.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Buenos Aires
Well, the rules do say the first person with the correct answer, they do not say you cannot submit two answers so you are the KatKwiz Whiz of the Day.

Note to other players: If you go to the profile for yayi, you will find a link to a web site in which is listed the five places that yayi has lived. Buenos Aires is by far the southernmost city.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Well, the rules do say the first person with the correct answer, they do not say you cannot submit two answers so you are the KatKwiz Whiz of the Day.

Note to other players: If you go to the profile for yayi, you will find a link to a web site in which is listed the five places that yayi has lived. Buenos Aires is by far the southernmost city.
I read wrong the first time and thought you said in the US. LoL

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always feel bad because I'm not overly concerned about points so I feel like if I played I might be taking points from someone who really really wants them. I guess that's silly though.

And if people are getting tired of it (which happens in general-- where did the spotlight go again?) maybe try doing it less often so it's more exciting when it does happen?

I think KatKwiz is really cool.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I always feel bad because I'm not overly concerned about points so I feel like if I played I might be taking points from someone who really really wants them. ... I think KatKwiz is really cool.
My sentiments exactly! It's very nice of you, Persi & Alley, to take time to run the quiz... do it however you see fit!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck it gives me something to do during the day. But sometimes it can be confusing. I could have sworn it said Southern most city in the US, but your post was edited so much today that I am unsure.

Maybe people got used to not having it everyday since you were away. Give it some time still. Maybe some will join in now.

ETA: I don't play for points. When I win I give them away.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I always feel bad because I'm not overly concerned about points so I feel like if I played I might be taking points from someone who really really wants them. I guess that's silly though.
If you read the new rules you will see that I have taken this in to consideration. There are now five types of contest days, one of them I have called "Poor House Days" where only players with 700 points or less can play and win from 300 to 1000 points!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Heck it gives me something to do during the day. But sometimes it can be confusing. I could have sworn it said Southern most city in the US, but your post was edited so much today that I am unsure.

Maybe people got used to not having it everyday since you were away. Give it some time still. Maybe some will join in now.

ETA: I don't play for points. When I win I give them away.
It never did say US although I edited spelling, etc. Regarding points let me say again that by keeping the present balance in the KatKwiz bank, I can draw 150,000 points in interest in the next year and I plan to give every single one of them away.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the KatKwiz - I just have to see it to play it! I was busy catching up with the last 2 days of posts to look at it. Hopefully I'll get there tomorrow!