I'm a little freaked

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I found out this morning that yesterday afternoon, a man robbed the grocery store a block away from where I work. What makes it even worse is that when he was fleeing from police he decided that as a cover up he would come in and ask for a job application. We are not hireing, but them somehow he ended up being able to get into the basement and hide in the boiler room. The cops came, went in the basement and found one of our supervisors who happend to be carrying a hammer. They said he "matched the description" of the guy who robbed the store. (I have opinons about this, but I will keep my mouth shut) They were about to taser the poor guy, when the susspect kicked the door of the boiler room open and tried to run. I believe the got the guy. There are two small offices here and H.R. is in the office that on the other side of the plant from my office, but it's still scarry. The city we are in is a good area, but we are very close to a bad area of the city, so from time to time things like this happen around us, but this is definatly the worst thing that's happend here.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What part of Milwaukee do you work at? Was this on the news last night (I missed it, if it was)!! I work in a not so hot area of Milwaukee (Northside) where that Special olympics kid was shot at the bus stop (awhile back) it is less than a few blocks away from where I work... I feel your concern! We have had robbery's where I work (computer equipment stolen, cars broken into during the day, and bums coming in and harrassing me for money)! It's such a shame that once way way way back in the day Milwaukee was a safe place... I work right where it gets bad!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

What part of Milwaukee do you work at? Was this on the news last night (I missed it, if it was)!! I work in a not so hot area of Milwaukee (Northside) where that Special olympics kid was shot at the bus stop (awhile back) it is less than a few blocks away from where I work... I feel your concern! We have had robbery's where I work (computer equipment stolen, cars broken into during the day, and bums coming in and harrassing me for money)! It's such a shame that once way way way back in the day Milwaukee was a safe place... I work right where it gets bad!
I work on State street just inside Wauwatosa.
It's funny you should bring up the kid that was shot. I know one of his cousins, she and I go to school together.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I work on 99th and Silverspring...We have a crack motel (Im not kidding) that is at the end of our companies entrance! We have had to deal with a few crack heads here! I think I should be able to bring one of my guns here for protection (or some weapon) since I am the receptionist and my lobby isn't locked...Only the door leading into my building! My bf hates that I work out here... Im not a huge fan of the area either, actually our building of employees is a small colony of minorities out here (not being racist just stating the truth)! Wauwatosa used to be a nice area but once you pass 60th st whether it is north ave or center street...It is no good, and it is moving up in numbers! The same goes for West Allis now days!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to Memphis
/ Seriously though hon- stay safe!!
And keep some pepper spray/your cell on you at all times.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband place of work-well across the road is the employee parking lot and then across from that is St Vincent De Paul and the local food pantry. Employees are urged to keep vehicles locked as all sort of people cruise the parking lot-his corporate office is in that area too and the entrance doors are now kept locked and you have to be buzzed in-this is an ok part of town too.