Im surrounded by sickies!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Every living thing in this house with the exception of me and the puppies are sneezing, coughing and have the runs. Well a few have one and not the other.
Ari has her first cold and isnt happy. Though she did discover she has a tongue today and spent 30 minutes trying to pinch it and pull it out of her mouth.
Then she got frustrated that she couldnt rip it out so I made her stop. That was after a full day of work. This weekend I had adoption days all day. Friday night my computer messed up. Thankfully I got it up and running yesterday. Calamity and both her kittens are going into the vets tomorow. Calamity had the runs really bad, is sneezing and I noticed her gums are really pale.
Sundance is fine but I just want to be on the safe side. Butch has the runs with blood in it. But he acts fine otherwise. Then Luna and Selena have to go in tomorow too. They both are running fevers, sneezing, lethargic and just plain pitiful looking. All of their littermates are also sick with URI and Skye has started sneezing today.
So I need lots of good vibes for all my babies. I took off the rest of the week hoping to get everyone feeling well and to keep me from getting sick. Someone help me! Also any advice on how to make it easier to breathe for a very congested baby girl.
Ari is just miserable and can barely breathe out of her nose. I hate seeing my baby sick.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgive me for not knowing -- is Ari a kitty or your daughter?
Either way, you might try a product called Little Noses, a nosedrop for children that my vet suggested for congested kitties, too.

I've also been told you can take a kitty into the bathroom while you shower and let her breathe the steamy air for ten or fifteen minutes at a time... or of course, a good old-fashioned vaporizer would work, too! You just have to be sure the kitties can't get to it and burn themselves.

I'm sorry you've got a hospital ward going there -- hope everybody will recover soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Forgive me for not knowing -- is Ari a kitty or your daughter?
Either way, you might try a product called Little Noses, a nosedrop for children that my vet suggested for congested kitties, too.
Ari is my daughter. Sorry for not clarifying. I just expect everyone to know what I talk about.
The rest of the ones mentioned are cats/kittens. I wonder if its safe for babies? Ariana is only 2 1/2 months old.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i used triamenic...thats the best meds I could find for congestion...It work amazing on my youngest.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what meds would be best for Ari but I believe having a vaporizor in the room would help. Hugs to you and Ari and all the kits. You have your hands overflowing!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WhosaMyHercules

i used triamenic...thats the best meds I could find for congestion...It work amazing on my youngest.
That makes my kids too hyper.
I use Childrens cold and cough by Tylenol.

I'm sorry you have a bunch of sickies.I do too