Ewww! Chicken Liver and Oatmeal all in my microwave!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yuck!!! A few minutes ago i decided to fix a little something for Norris to eat (home cooked) since this will be the last time he can eat for the night before his surgery tomorrow. I was mixing two of the ingredients together - chicken liver and oatmeal (oatmeal is a substitute for rice). I had cooked the chicken livers in the microwave before and decided just to add in the oatmeal and water to the same thing and cook it a little longer. i even put a lit on top (not closed down for venalation) BIG mistake!!
there was oatmeal and chicken liver juice all in my microwave
SOOOOOO gross!!! Nobody told me oatmeal will rise
So yea, i just scrubbed down the entire microwave
Anyone else ever had microwave mishaps??? (this is definitely not the first time i've done something like this
)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohh dear ... I should have told you
... Oatmeal rises and chn liver is best raw

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep but with Coffee. I thought I put 40 seconds and apparently I put in 4 minutes. The worst part was, that was the last of the fresh coffee.
Your's sounds a bit more messy though.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No. Never.
Never ever ever blew nothing up in the microwave.
I won't even tell you guys about it!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Um just the usual soups and things. Dad had worse with the freezer, for some reason he decided to put in an un-opened can of coke in there....

a few hours later we're sitting in the lounge eating dinner and KABOOM

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had the exploding oatmeal.

That's actually my favorite time to take it out, I think it tastes best when it's taken out just prior to the eruption.
So I stand there and watch it, waiting.
....but I have walked away a few times. Big mistake.

More than a few times, I've put wet cat food in there...with intentions of hitting "10" (seconds) but accidentally pushed 1000 (10 minutes)
now that was a mess.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was uber tired one night. Bottling babies. I had it in a cup. I accidentally got out the dog's urine sample & heated that. Nuked pee all over the microwave!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many, MANY years ago, before microwaves were in every kitchen, I bought some kind of snack at a Seven/Eleven and put it in the microwave they had there for public use. I didn't know the first thing about how to use such a contraption, so I not only set it for too long, but also left the metallic foil wrapper on. As I watched in horror, the microwave generated an internal lightning storm that sparked and crackled alarmingly. Then it belched out a rush of foul-smelling black smoke, which caused a few gasps from other customers and brought the clerk running to pull the plug on the thing.

I was so humiliated that I just ran out to my car, sped away, and never, never, never showed my face at that Seven/Eleven again!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I was uber tired one night. Bottling babies. I had it in a cup. I accidentally got out the dog's urine sample & heated that. Nuked pee all over the microwave!
AAAUUUUGGHHHHHH!

That's it, you win the prize... no others need apply...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Ohh dear ... I should have told you... Oatmeal rises and chn liver is best raw
yup jen, i think you left out that little detail

Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Yep but with Coffee. I thought I put 40 seconds and apparently I put in 4 minutes. The worst part was, that was the last of the fresh coffee.
Your's sounds a bit more messy though.
lol i haven't exploded coffee before, but my sister kimmy sure has
she's also exploded nailpolish in the microwave (but that is an entirely different story
)

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Um just the usual soups and things. Dad had worse with the freezer, for some reason he decided to put in an un-opened can of coke in there....

a few hours later we're sitting in the lounge eating dinner and KABOOM
oh i've done that before!!!!!!!
my mom drinks soft drinks (i don't) when i was still living at home- one day she came in from the grocery and wanted a cold coke. rather than putting ice in it- she normall sit it in the freezer for a few minutes then takes it out (before it explodes). so i thought i'd be nice and do that for her. Only i got soo busy unloading groceries i forgot about the coke in the freezer (i had no clue they could explode like that
) then BAM! it blew up everywhere. It made such a nasty mess too
my mom was ticked!

Originally Posted by beandip

I've had the exploding oatmeal.

That's actually my favorite time to take it out, I think it tastes best when it's taken out just prior to the eruption. So I stand there and watch it, waiting.....but I have walked away a few times. Big mistake.

More than a few times, I've put wet cat food in there...with intentions of hitting "10" (seconds) but accidentally pushed 1000 (10 minutes) now that was a mess.
oh i've done that with cat food too

that is sooooo disghusting
i hope you had lots of lysol after that mess
that definitely tops me blowing up chicken liver and oatmeal

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

that is sooooo disghusting
i hope you had lots of lysol after that mess
that definitely tops me blowing up chicken liver and oatmeal
The sad part? That's not the grossest thing I've exploded in the microwave!
I tend to get up in the middle of the night & snag a bite to eat....I've heated the wrong thing many times & ended up scrubbing the microwave good!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

oh i've done that before!!!!!!!
my mom drinks soft drinks (i don't) when i was still living at home- one day she came in from the grocery and wanted a cold coke. rather than putting ice in it- she normall sit it in the freezer for a few minutes then takes it out (before it explodes). so i thought i'd be nice and do that for her. Only i got soo busy unloading groceries i forgot about the coke in the freezer (i had no clue they could explode like that
) then BAM! it blew u peverywhere. It made such a nasty mess too
my mom was ticked!
But she FORGOT..that's okay! It's not okay if you have no idea what you're doing. Did i mention what the aftermath looked liked? you know those slurpee/slushees? Imagine the entire inside of the freezer covered in brown icey sludge..
you would THINK a man in his 40s would know that cans of soft drink are pressurized and full of gas....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The sad part? That's not the grossest thing I've exploded in the microwave!
I tend to get up in the middle of the night & snag a bite to eat....I've heated the wrong thing many times & ended up scrubbing the microwave good!
Ewww i'm not going to ask what else you've exploded in there
you crack me up natalie

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

But she FORGOT..that's okay! It's not okay if you have no idea what you're doing. Did i mention what the aftermath looked liked? you know those slurpee/slushees? Imagine the entire inside of the freezer covered in brown icey sludge..
you would THINK a man in his 40s would know that cans of soft drink are pressurized and full of gas....
Oh yeah- we definitely had the whole coke slushie looking thing going on in the freezer afterwards
and it doesn't help that coke is sticky- it took forever to clean off the freezer/food that was in there

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

Ewww i'm not going to ask what else you've exploded in there
you crack me up natalie

Oh yeah- we definitely had the whole coke slushie looking thing going on in the freezer afterwards
and it doesn't help that coke is sticky- it took forever to clean off the freezer/food that was in there
It could add to the flavour

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I once put a not perfectly cooked poached egg in the microwave...I'm still picking pieces out of the grate by the lightbulb!
too funny!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You only make that oatmeal mistake once, I did it too the first time
My cats get oatmeal in their raw mix.

This is a little off topic but since you mention chicken liver juice, my 3 yr old nephew goes around saying "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" You ask what he's thinking and he always responds with "well, I'm thinking about chicken juice"

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

You only make that oatmeal mistake once, I did it too the first time
My cats get oatmeal in their raw mix.

This is a little off topic but since you mention chicken liver juice, my 3 yr old nephew goes around saying "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" You ask what he's thinking and he always responds with "well, I'm thinking about chicken juice"
what a goofy little fella
he sounds adorable and rotten...like my nieces and nephews
/ and yes- i think i will only be making that oatmeal mistake that one time
i certainly learned my lesson
it was EVERYWHERE!!