So...Ladies, when is the last time you cleaned out your purse???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems as if my purse keeps getting heavier and heavier. I KNOW i should clean it out....but i am a bit frightened as to what i might find lurking in the unknow darkness (aka the bottomless pit that is my purse).
I think i might be brave and attempt to clean it this week.
Anyone else have purse gnomes that like to hide things in their purse???

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HA! I did mine last night and accidentally threw my PAYCHECK away and now my rent is gonna be late.

Argh. I'm an idiot.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cleaned out my purse on Christmas Day.
That's only because I got a really nice maroon leather purse from Santa and I wanted to use it

So chances are it'll be ages...or until I get a new purse, which every comes first...before I clean this one out.

I can't stand clutter anywhere else, but my purse usually looks like a bomb went off in it.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I cleaned mine out about 3 weeks ago only because the strap broke and I had to switch purses. Its back to being a mess again.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I pretty much get rid of the receipts and travel tickets as soon as i get home and sort out any change i have. I'm a neat purse freak

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
usually every other week since I manage to lose stuff

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you should ask. I also thought mine was getting heavier so I emptied it (sorta) on Sunday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

HA! I did mine last night and accidentally threw my PAYCHECK away and now my rent is gonna be late.

Argh. I'm an idiot.
oh man! that stinks. did you find it??

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I did mine last night well somewhat, I had to get some things out of there, my money and a few other things, because I had to leave my purse downstairs, and well lets just say I dont trust everyone in this house
! But before that would have been last week whenever I had switched purses!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I jsut cleaned it out tonight. On the way to the shelter, I see a Tina face smacking in my rearview mirror. I pulled off at a gas station....only to see her chewing an entire package of my gum!
She was even kind enough to re-deposit some back into my purse.
So I cleaned it out right then & there. But, I never keep much in there anyways...my wallet, shelter keys, gum(well, not right now), chapstick, girlie stuff
, cell phone, & sunglasses. Plus receipts.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cleaned it the other day!

I found:
-4 spoons
(I take yoghurt to work every time I go and I always forget to take out the spoons -hubby was wondering where they were disappearing to.
)
-Lots and lots of receipts for a bookstore and Lush.
-My day planner (its a tiny little one)
-My lab results book for microbiology
-Tissues
-Mints
-Dream Cream
-Little bits of paper that had nothing on them.

Now it just has my day planner, the lab results book, tissues and the dream cream. But I suspect it will not be too clean for long.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to literally dump my stuff into a shopping bag last night........so I could find the insurance card.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, a few times a year I'll change bags and then I clean it out. I usually find: chapstick (several actually), pens, coupons I couldn't find that expired, lots of loose change, old sugarfree gum that's gotten sticky and covered in purse crud, and receipts where my $$ used to be

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I will have to show this thread to my BF. He is always disgusted with my purse and how often I have to dig in and search in it to find my keys, etc. Good to know others have the same problem.

The worst purse offender in my opinion are tablets ie. mints and advil. It seems that bottles and containers like to "burst" in my purse and shed the tablets everywhere, making a huge mess of crusty pills, etc. That makes me scared to clean my purse, believe it or not.

Just thought of a worse purse offender: a lipstick in which the cap came off! Brutal! The yucky oily kunk called lipstick gets all over everything!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

oh man! that stinks. did you find it??
No, they're cancelling it and sending me a new one, hopefully for tommorow. I was at a bar with my friend who was interviewing the owner (long story) and pulling out receipts to find one from that bar, and then I decided to clean out my purse and set the check aside and then forgot and threw it away.

I really desperately needed it too, I have like no dang money, had to clear out my saving account

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was JUST thinking about this when I was getting ready this morning!
I have sooo much in my big black work purse- its unreal!
Its so heavy that John won't even pick it up, he says he'll hurt his back

luvs2be

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cleaned out my purse?? I have no idea
Normally I have tons of change at the bottom of it, but i have been good lately and have been keeping it in my bank i have at home.

Mostly right now it is stuffed with papers, reciepts.. and whatnot!