Norris is supposed to have surgery tomorrow. He really needs vibes!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many of ya'll have been following the story of Norris, my sweet foster dog. He was hit by a over a week ago and his leg is in shambles. When x-rayed there was a visible break at the hip bone on down to his foot. There are shattered fragments of bone in his leg as well. Since the vets office (please refer to this thread http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128684) did not do his surgery when they should have- the leg might be in worse shape. At this point- the options are orthapedic surgery or amputation. I am not sure which he will have done tomorrow. Please keep sweet Norris in your prayers tonight. He is such a sweet fella. He didn't deserve any of this
There are pictures of Norris in the Pet Pics section if anyone wants to see the break in the leg or what he looks like. (he's handsome
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

for his surgery tomorrow
for the both of you.
thankyou hon!
i think i'm more nervous than he is as he doesn't know what's going on. i know he will be ok whatever the outcome...i just hate that he has to go through this- all because someone was an irresponsible owner!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mega {{{vibes}}} for surgery tomorrow!

I seriously hope they can save his leg, but if because the ortho didn't do surgery he looses it, can anything be done to the ortho place???

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck to Norris. I am glad he is finally having surgery. Either way he will be on the road to recovery and eventually being painfree.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou everyone for the vibes/prayers for little norris. he definitely needs them as he has a long day ahead of him tomorrow.

Originally Posted by white cat lover

Mega {{{vibes}}} for surgery tomorrow!

I seriously hope they can save his leg, but if because the ortho didn't do surgery he looses it, can anything be done to the ortho place???
To answer your question Natalie- i sure as heck pray my boss does something (after getting the approval from the city) if he looses a leg as a result of this vets neglegance

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norris will be in my thoughts! I really hope those idiots don't post-pone again.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Norris will be in my thoughts! I really hope those idiots don't post-pone again.
oh...they will not if they know what's good for them. I will absolutely raise hell if they even try. if that happens- i'm going to say forget it! i will take him to my own vet and pay for it myself!!!! (i do not have the money to but i will NOT let this happen again to him.)

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe norris, I am sending many many good surgery and quick recovery vibes
I hope that they dont have to amputate it either
Many many
to you Nikki! I will be thinking about you all tomarrow so please keep us updated!

I just cant believe that they would post pone a surgery like that, which if not treated can hurt him even more
What is wrong with some people these days

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

Awe norris, I am sending many many good surgery and quick recovery vibes
I hope that they dont have to amputate it either
Many many
to you Nikki! I will be thinking about you all tomarrow so please keep us updated!

I just cant believe that they would post pone a surgery like that, which if not treated can hurt him even more
What is wrong with some people these days
some people only see $$$ signs. that's what's wrong
he is such a sweet pup too. i'm going to take such good care of him when he gets home from his surgery. poor little fella. i think he's already getting spoiled rotten too lol. everytime he barks at me- (and he's figured this out) i give him attention and treats (he deserves it
) and actually, as much as it would be bad if they amputate his leg- it might not be as bad as we think- he's already adjusted to walking like a tripod, and it would save him from having to undergo surgery after surgery to repair the leg...as well as hip dysplasia/arthritious that might develop in that area. BUT if they can safe the leg - that would be great.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the operation goes well for sweet Norris. I was so sad and angered when i read about the delays for help. Hopefully everything will be good and he will get to keep his leg. Those pictures show he is a very happy and beautiful pup.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending hugs and prayers from Mississippi that all goes well for Norris, please let us know how he is doing.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou again everyone for keeping norris in your prayers. i appreciate it soo much!!! i posted in the other thread a moment ago, so i'm just going to copy/paste what i posted there in here for ya'll to read since it's the same thing pretty much

"Thankyou again everyone for the vibes for Norris today. I took him in at 7am. They said he was supposed to have his surgery today between 11am-3pm just depending on the schedule. He will have to stay overnight, so i will pick him up after i get off work at the shelter tomorrow. Also- the vet (a different one in the practice- apparently my bosses called this morning and raised all you know what and demanded a different vet) said that he thinks he can repair the leg without having to amputate it so that's great!! He's not 100% sure but he thinks he can fix it That's the best news i've heard all week! So keep your fingers crossed this vet can fix it alright. (there are a lot of vets in that practice- 2 of which i really like......the others i don't care for or have never delt with- the new vet is one of them but he seems to be good so we'll see.) my bosses let them all know that what they did was unacceptable. so i guess we'll see what happens as far as switching clinics go. Right now though i'm just hoping all goes well with Norris and he isn't in too much pain when he wakes up. I signed a thing for him to get extra pain meds if he needs them so i hope that helps."

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol my sister and my mom have already called me to check on Norris
(i swear- everyone that meets the little guy just falls in love with them!!!) i told them i'd call them back after i call the vets office (they said i could call around 4 to check on him).
watch someone in my family take him