How often do you vaccume??

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With two dogs, 4 cats a foster dog, and a foster kitten- it seems like i'm vaccuming our floors just about every single day (furniture too!). If not, i get little "tumbleweed" looking things of fur on our floors
I was wondering how often everyone else vaccumes??
(also- what kind of floors do you have?) Our kitchen is fake wood, the rest of the house is carpet. but tiny parts of both bathroom that are tile.)

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vac every day because of Seth.We have carpet and I hate it.I want hard wood, but Shawn says no because it will be to cold in the Winter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I vac every day because of Seth.We have carpet and I hate it.I want hard wood, but Shawn says no because it will be to cold in the Winter.
you can always put down rugs on hard wood floor if you ever get it to warm it up
our house is mostly carpet too- i have to vaccume all the time it seems like between the fur and my allergies. the other day i got really ticked off at the vaccume cleaner because i thought it was going out on me. (please note this was after being at work all day- i was exhausted). It took me 5 minutes of getting angry at the vaccume cleaner before i figured out i had it on the "attachment" setting and not on high
I felt REAL smart

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1-2 a week. They just started shedding again. I should do it everyday but these cheap rugs are not holding up.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm what is a vaccume?
oh you mean, that thing that sucks up dirt?... hmm i will hvae to ask the wife.
mine wont work when a male touches it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm what is a vaccume?
oh you mean, that thing that sucks up dirt?... hmm i will hvae to ask the wife.
mine wont work when a male touches it.
lol you weirdo

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I've been sick, vacuuming is really difficult for me. Before I got homecare a few months ago I was lucky if I was able to vacuum once in 2 months. Now my place is vacuumed at least 2 times per month. In the alternate weeks when she's not here I try to do some vacuuming myself but usually only manage to get the area rug and furniture done.

Both of my cats shed terribly despite my brushing them numerous times per day, and if I could I would vacuum daily, at least the rug and furniture.

I have tile in the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. Parquet wood flooring in the livingroom/dining room/hall. And I have an area rug in the living room area.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

dont blame me, i did not put the anti male device on it
there is no anti-male device on it
colin can use ours just fine
(with a little coxing
)

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

you can always put down rugs on hard wood floor if you ever get it to warm it up
our house is mostly carpet too- i have to vaccume all the time it seems like between the fur and my allergies. the other day i got really ticked off at the vaccume cleaner because i thought it was going out on me. (please note this was after being at work all day- i was exhausted). It took me 5 minutes of getting angry at the vaccume cleaner before i figured out i had it on the "attachment" setting and not on high
I felt REAL smart
Dont worry, I have done that MANY MANY times
I usually check though now, even though I seem to be the only one in this house that picks up a sweeper
! But I vaccum maybe 3 times a week, or more depending on how messy and hairy the house gets
We have almost all carpet and I hate it
the kitchen though is some tile, and well its been there since we moved here so I think its time for new floors
And well we redid the bathroom with a blue tile and such a few years ago
!!! But other than that all carpet, and I hate to vaccum the steps, and like I said I seem to be the only one who can pick up a vaccum to use it

lexington

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Everyday??! I would like to vacum every day but you can add vacums to things my cat is scared of #123. I tried today in my bedroom. I close the door in attempt not to scare lex but he ended up on TOP of my refrigerator! Apparently he tried to run up the chimney before that because he had black stuff all over him.

I hope he's not always going to be this skittish.

fosterkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
with 3 dogs and 3 cats, I try to vacuum everyday, but usually settle for every other. I love to vacuum, so it doesn't bother me...now ask me how often I dust and you will get a very different answer...

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

there is no anti-male device on it
colin can use ours just fine
(with a little coxing
)
you must have one of the older modles where the device has stopped working

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
With 6 cats I SHOULD vacuum daily but don't. I think it's about 2 times a week.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got two Labs, plus 6 kitties. I vacuum upstairs(linoleum/carpet)....try for....once a week. Since it's "molting season" I've been vacuuming every day....just a quick once around, nothing too good.

Now, the downstairs carpet is black/white/pink/red....really cool. It hides every color of fur!
So, I never vacuum down there...like once a month.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do it most days as I have a plain carpet and even with a covered tray and rubber mat there's still a fair bit of litter gets tracked all over the carpet. Ok, I'll admit a lot of it is from me when I scoop

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not often enough.

Besides, Max does the vacuuming and we have no carpet and non-shedding dogs. Makes life a LOT easier!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vacuum everyday unless for some reason I am really busy and do not get to it.