How do you feel about...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being nude in front of strangers?....okay hear me out..

Often at the gym, I will see ladies not too much older than me strutting around naked..they'll be putting lotion on...blowdrying their hair..doing whatever..but completely nude!!

To me, its weird..I do not wish to see nude women all over the place..

And personally, I am not comfortable being naked in public..

What about you guys?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NO way and no how.Shawn showers with a bunch of guys at work and I tell him there is NO way I could do it.

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am totally paranoid of being nude around strangers! And it isn't just because I am overweight, I've always been that way.

I have seen girls at the gym doing that too (back when I went to the gym) and it always makes me feel uncomfortable.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't bother me to be naked at all. However.. if I feel self-concious about it, it's because I'm more worried about someone else being uncomfortable with it rather than actually being uncomfortable with it myself. At least not at a gym.. now.. being naked for the first time in front of someone I'm dating.. that's a little nerve-wracking but usually doesn't bother after that.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We came into this world nude, that's our natural state. Clothing is actually an abnormality IMHO.

If someone wants to walk around nude in the locker room, I have problem with that. If I don't like it I don't look. I'm a plus size woman and I've always been comfortable walking around in the nude in locker rooms or on nude beaches.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I would definately feel uncomfortable being naked and seeing naked chicks.
How do you really feel?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

notice she said naked chicks.
nothing about naked men

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

notice she said naked chicks.
nothing about naked men
Welll....that all depends

But give me more wine and I might be able to do it.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My sister went the the public pool with her son and my neice (from my other sister) and there was women walking around naked in the family changing room / showers... that is even more wrong!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not bothered by other naked women, but I cannot do it myself.
I don't have much confidence in myself.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

My sister went the the public pool with her son and my neice (from my other sister) and there was women walking around naked in the family changing room / showers... that is even more wrong!
While perhaps a certain level of discretion should be expected in a "family" changeroom, I disagree that the children seeing a naked woman was "wrong". I think it gave those kids a good opportunity to see nudity in a non-sexual context. In today's society, all to often, kids (well everyone) see nudity, but it's always sexual. TV, movies, even music videos. I think it causes a skewed sense of self in many children of this generation. How many of you have seen little girls dressed like they're "working the corner"? AKA prosti-tots. Think about European concepts of nudity compared to here.

I think people need to get over this idea that nudity is wrong/unnatural. I used to always see older ladies walking around in the pool changeroom nude and it never bothered me. It certainly didn't bother them.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm not a fan of parading around nude and I never have.
Although its natural and whatnot I'm just not a fan of it. I've been to a nude beach but kept my clothes on. It doesn't bother me to see people in the nude but I wouldn't be able to do it myself.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

I think people need to get over this idea that nudity is wrong/unnatural. I used to always see older ladies walking around in the pool changeroom nude and it never bothered me. It certainly didn't bother them.
I don't think the majority of people think it's wrong, just that they're not used to it.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure wouldn't do it and would feel very uncomfortable if I were in a locker room and some broad was prancing around drying her hair in the nude.
I mean how hard is it to wrap at least a towel around you?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

While perhaps a certain level of discretion should be expected in a "family" changeroom, I disagree that the children seeing a naked woman was "wrong". I think it gave those kids a good opportunity to see nudity in a non-sexual context. In today's society, all to often, kids (well everyone) see nudity, but it's always sexual. TV, movies, even music videos. I think it causes a skewed sense of self in many children of this generation. How many of you have seen little girls dressed like they're "working the corner"? AKA prosti-tots. Think about European concepts of nudity compared to here.
I think it is still up to the parents themselves to decide the level of nudity their children see and that is why she uses the family change rooms rather than the regular ones.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I think it is still up to the parents themselves to decide the level of nudity their children see and that is why she uses the family change rooms rather than the regular ones.
I would certainly agree with that. The woman should have used a ladies changeroom vs a family one.