Jordan update

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, Jordan had another vet appointment. He had been coughing more often and his appitite is not what it used to be. So they got a weight, did some chest x-rays and did blood values including CBC and T4.

I have to wait for the CBC and T4 a day or two so I'll get all the blood results at that time. His chest x-rays were good, and I got to see his micro chip
. Now for a cat that's been eating less than usual every day, he's actually put on 1/2 a pound. So he's now 14 lbs. So as long as his blood values come back fine he's done with vet trips unless something changes drasticly. So I'm just crossing my fingers that all the blood values come back good.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some positive vibes for good blood work.
Did the vet have any idea what might be causing Jordan's coughing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope no ideas, just that maybe he was trying to cough up a hairball, but the rest of the tests they can perform are invasive and expensive so for now it's a wait and see kind of thing.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be thinking good test result thoughts for you and Jordan.

That's interesting that he gained half a lb despite his decreased appetite. Has it warmed up there yet? My cats started eating less when the weather warmed up. They play a little less when it's hot, so I guess it makes sense.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

That's interesting that he gained half a lb despite his decreased appetite. Has it warmed up there yet? My cats started eating less when the weather warmed up. They play a little less when it's hot, so I guess it makes sense.
It has been warming up slowly, and my appartment was 80 - 90 degrees every day for the last week. Now last night I had the air going full blast because it was super humid yesterday, he at his whole breakfast this morning. He hasn't done that in like a month.