Time spent on TCS?!?!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I know there are a lot of people that only have time to come onto TCS when they are at work (me included). I just thought it would be interesting to ask...

"When do you come onto TCS, how much time are you on here per day/week/month approximetly?"

I'll start:

Hi, My name is Tiffany, and I am a TCS addict. It all started a few months ago when I began browsing for information about cats on the internet, while I was at work. I don't have a computer at home, so I only come on here during work. I would say I am on here Mon-Fri (I never miss a day during the week) Off and on throughout the day. So 5 days a week for quite a few hours each day
What would I do without this place though? Work would be sooo boring!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I log in usually when I get to work- and sometimes leave the window open and pop in & out while I'm here til 5PM.... and then sometimes I'll check in at night too when I'm home
I'm a true addict... just look at my post count

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I come on in the morning for about 15 minutes while I drink my coffee..

I check it throughout the day at work..usually once an hour
I generally don't stay on long though..maybe 2 minutes..

Then when I get home, its all night until about 10pm

I don't think I'm addicted

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Apparently I am not on enough, they were sending a search party out for me earlier...
well when you disappear for hours and hours

I am only working 2 days a week at the moment and pop on if it is quiet at work, more so lately as I have to post the keeper challenge clues and graphic challenge.

If I am at home, I generally have TCS open all the time

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
TCS started out as just being a place where I could come and ask questions. I found it when I was looking up information about cats before I got Princess since I was a first time cat owner and knew nothing!

Since that time, I've changed her food (much much more healthy, but costing more lol), her litter (smells better, much easier to clean, costs less) and I've learned a LOT about her in general.

What I didn't expect though was meeting some very cool people here! Everyone is so nice and helpful, even when I mistakenly ask something that's been asked a hundred times

As for how often I am on here... right now I'm on summer vacation from school, so if there is nothing good on TV and my chores are done, I'm on here. I shudder to think of how many hours. Most of the time I am looking at the beautiful cats in the Fur Pictures Only section and it's making me want another cat sooo badly!

estelle58

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't access TCS from work because it's blocked
so I come once or twice a month, generally on the week end...

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is Amanda and I am addicted to TCS

I came here looking for advice on my kitten, being a new kitten owner(always adopted older kitties) Stormie was very sick and I couldnt believe the vet, so I started searching and found this site, asked my question! Explored the site and now I am on here ALL the time!

I wake up, come on here see whats going on! Then all through out the day, I am on here exploring
Though I have lost some touch thiss week since I have been taking care of my mom
!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of hours in the morning as I eat breakfast, then off and on during the day... If my ISP didn't disconnect me after 3 hours, I'd probably be on all day.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Off and on all day at work, Monday to Friday. Then sometimes I will check in at night or on weekends.

luvs2be

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Somedays I work the dayshift, some I work the night shift.......so it depends on the day....although when ever i am home I do log on here all the time...I may not post much, but i read ALOT!

I would like to post more and get to know you all better because of reading here I can see you are all a sweet group of people who really care.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I log in usually when I get to work- and sometimes leave the window open and pop in & out while I'm here til 5PM.
Ditto. I then go home and proceed to tell J everything that happened on TCS that day. (He's convinced we don't actually talk about cats, though.)

I very, very rarely check in after work or on the weekends -- our home computer belongs to J, who's addicted to World of Warcraft, so when I do get to use the computer I'm usually playing Sims 2.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually first thing I get here in the morning, then off and on throughout the day, depending on how busy I am. And for a bit after I get home to see if anything is new. I'm definitely addicted

I was on almost obsessively when the recalls were happening.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

So I know there are a lot of people that only have time to come onto TCS when they are at work (me included). I just thought it would be interesting to ask...

"When do you come onto TCS, how much time are you on here per day/week/month approximetly?"

I'll start:

Hi, My name is Tiffany, and I am a TCS addict. It all started a few months ago when I began browsing for information about cats on the internet, while I was at work. I don't have a computer at home, so I only come on here during work. I would say I am on here Mon-Fri (I never miss a day during the week) Off and on throughout the day. So 5 days a week for quite a few hours each day
What would I do without this place though? Work would be sooo boring!!!
Have you told your boss about this addiction of yours?
I just spent 17 days without getting on TCS so the only thing I can compare that to would be the old torture method (supposedly) of dropping a single drop of water on your forhead every second and never stopping for 17 days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Have you told your boss about this addiction of yours?
I just spent 17 days without getting on TCS so the only thing I can compare that to would be the old torture method (supposedly) of dropping a single drop of water on your forhead every second and never stopping for 17 days.
Yeah, actually my bosses know that I'm on TCS quite a bit during the day. Luckily, they play poker all day online
So we each have our own addictions! They tell me that I'm "obsessed with cats"