One of my students is pregnant....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
at age 56!!!!!

She just found out today. Her doctor did some blood work because she keeps getting sick and she told me she was feeling these funny things like she was and then lo and behold......she is!

She has 3 grandkids. Her youngest kid is 25! Her fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]e also has 1 grandchild and he's 66! This is totally totally a surprise! They seem pretty excited (and shocked still) so far! I don't know how I'd react if I were her!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! What a shock!!! lol...but a plesant suprise just the same! I'm sure the baby will have a very loving and wonderful home when it gets here

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Wow! What a shock!!! lol...but a plesant suprise just the same! I'm sure the baby will have a very loving and wonderful home when it gets here
Oh I think so! She said when she called her fiancee his first reaction was 'Whopppeeeeeeeeee!' He's totally a cowboy! He makes harnesses and things for horses and livestock. He came to pick her up today from class and he was just struttin' his stuff!
The fact that all the other ladies were making a fuss over him sure didn't help!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Oh my.

So much for a quiet early retirement, huh?
I just can't imagine that. I'm glad they're so happy though!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh I think so! She said when she called her fiancee his first reaction was 'Whopppeeeeeeeeee!' He's totally a cowboy! He makes harnesses and things for horses and livestock. He came to pick her up today from class and he was just struttin' his stuff!
The fact that all the other ladies were making a fuss over him sure didn't help!
awww that is soo cute!
i think it's soo sweet when people are that in love with one another. i'm sure that baby will have such an awesome home with them when it's born!! i hope all goes well with her pregnancy too considering her age/risk. BUT that being said- last year i was a private nanny for a lady who had two children -one she adopted, and another she was pregnant with and she was 50. She had a pretty good pregnancy and the baby was born just fine
it sounds like her fiance is estatic about the baby too- that's wonderful!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So much for practicing safe(r) sex against disease and/or pregnancy. Obviously they were out in the rain without their rubber boots.

At 56, the chances of her carrying the baby to term is slim, not impossible, but slim.

How far along is she?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's fantastic!
I'm not a religious person, but it just seems clear when something so unlikely happens, there has to be a reason, y'know? How exciting! Please wish them well for us!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's about 2-3 months. She's pretty sure of her exact conception date.

As far as practicing safer sex, well they are about to be married! It's not like she's out sleeping around. He's the first man she's even been with since her husband passed away a few years ago. And that's only been about 2 months now, which is how she figured her conception date. Plus she thought she was getting so close to her menopause.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my lord. That's crazy!!! You'd think she would be menopausal at this point...

In any case, I hope everyone remains healthy. It is just so risky to have children that late in the game...her baby will be at much higher risk for congenital birth defects or disability. She'll be screened meticulously throughout her entire pregnancy for these things, I suppose.

Wish her luck from us...I hope she can swing it!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! That IS a surprise...My aunt was 52 and the same thing happened with her. Fortunately, all went well and the girl has turned out wonderful (except for a few rough spots in during the teen years). the girl is now 20 and in college! Sending lots & lots of {{{{TCS prayers and vibes}}} to your student and her SO and the new baby-to-be!