TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Heat rises... ugggg....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Heat rises... ugggg....

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
As most of you know I live on the 12th floor of an apartment building. Let me tell you it's so hot in here right now I could pass out. I've taken a cold shower, turned off every electrical appliance that isn't necessary, and put on a tank top and short shorts. The boys are camped out in the bathroom lying on cold tiles. I am praying for a rainy cool summer, but I don't think it's going to work. If it gets worse I'm going to have to turn on the AC.

Physics sucks.
post #2 of 16
Oh man! I wish it was here right now.... You should come live in Phoenix Arizona .... It's coooool here Just make sure you drink plenty of fluids I know how your feeling right now
post #3 of 16
Have you tried a cold wet towel around your neck?

You may have to buckle under and turn that A/C on. For the boys, of course.
post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
Have you tried a cold wet towel around your neck?

You may have to buckle under and turn that A/C on. For the boys, of course.
Scratch just gave me the, "Meowmy, it's so hot I'm melting" look. I may just have to turn the stupid thing on. I have to cook tonight too.
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
As most of you know I live on the 12th floor of an apartment building. Let me tell you it's so hot in here right now I could pass out. I've taken a cold shower, turned off every electrical appliance that isn't necessary, and put on a tank top and short shorts. The boys are camped out in the bathroom lying on cold tiles. I am praying for a rainy cool summer, but I don't think it's going to work. If it gets worse I'm going to have to turn on the AC.

Physics sucks.
AC is something I have not even thought about the last 17 days I have spent in British Columbia. But now I am back in Texas. Here are some physics for you: Texas=AC.
post #6 of 16
At least you have an AC to turn on. I live in a highrise too and there is no AC in my building. I have a floor fan but all that does is blow around hot air.

However, it's cool and rainy here for the past few days, and all of the next few days apparently, so I can't complain about the heat.
post #7 of 16
Ugh! Well it's supposedly 79 outside but it's 85 in here. I broke down and put the A/C. I am on the third floor(top) and we swear there is no insulation between our ceiling and the roof. I would put the A/C. It was very breezy this morning and afternoon. Once 2pm hits it just gets hotter.
post #8 of 16
Take a cool shower or bath and put your loofa and shower gel /shampoo in the freezer for a little while before you do so it's nice and cool!!! You can also put your clean bra/undies in the freezer and they'll feel cool too. (memphis humidity sucks too- i've resorted to desperate measures a few times))
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
Take a cool shower or bath and put your loofa and shower gel /shampoo in the freezer for a little while before you do so it's nice and cool!!! You can also put your clean bra/undies in the freezer and they'll feel cool too. (memphis humidity sucks too- i've resorted to desperate measures a few times))
Ohhh... that's good advice. Now if DH comes home and finds my bra in the freezer I think he and I are going to have a long talk. I'll put it in a baggie.
post #10 of 16
I know how you feel, I am on the third floor so I can imagine how the 12th would feel. My kitties have the right idea though. I took a cold shower when I got home from work and they are both now lounging in the tub where it's nice and cool. I don't use an air condition because it causes my sinus to act up however I found a great alternative is a bowl of ice in front of my fan which works for a bit. It was really a scorcher here today but I see some clouds rolling in so I imagine we will have a dozy of a thunderstorm before morning.
post #11 of 16
Oh oh, well at least you have AC
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
Ohhh... that's good advice. Now if DH comes home and finds my bra in the freezer I think he and I are going to have a long talk. I'll put it in a baggie.
Colin hasn't complained on a few occassions when he's reached in the fridge for some ice and found some lacy undies instead I'm sure your hubby wouldn't mind (and yes, i put mine in a baggy too- forgot to mention that!) Also- keep your lotions and face washes in the fridge -so it will feel cool when you use them!
post #13 of 16
I feel your pain - I live on the top (3rd) floor with large south facing windows in both my sitting room and kitchen and no natural shade from trees or other buildings, and it's been hitting 30 celsius indoors before lunchtime since March. This is in England which is not exactly known for high temperatures. And of course hardly anyone has air conditioning. I refer to walking in through the front door as 'wall of heat'. On the positive side, I very rarely have to turn the heating on in winter! But for the next few months we will be suffering
post #14 of 16
Well I put the A/C on from 4-10pm. It's so nice now. I wish I turned it off sooner. I think I will stick it out tomorrow until 2pm and turn it off again around 7pm.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
Ohhh... that's good advice. Now if DH comes home and finds my bra in the freezer I think he and I are going to have a long talk. I'll put it in a baggie.
He'd probably think 8-Bit put it there.
post #16 of 16
Yuck- we live on the 1st floor, I can't imagine being on the 12th! But, at least you have AC We turned ours on yesterday, its just waaaay too hot & humid for me, and the kitties!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Heat rises... ugggg....