flower essences?

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What is this "flower essences" I've heard mentioned on TCS. Is it some sort of calming odorizer? Where do you get it?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The mix I got I chose the flowers for and my vet's office mixed, but you can find it by doing a search on Bach's Rescue Remedy.

As it turns out, two of the flowers I chose for Ferris are included in the Bach's Rescue REmedy mix.

I highly recommend the use of this with a skittish and/or feral cat, or just in times of stress and change.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

The mix I got I chose the flowers for and my vet's office mixed, but you can find it by doing a search on Bach's Rescue Remedy.

As it turns out, two of the flowers I chose for Ferris are included in the Bach's Rescue REmedy mix.

I highly recommend the use of this with a skittish and/or feral cat, or just in times of stress and change.
Interesting, I have had some stress/ behavioural issues with my cat Fred in the past. This could be could if I went on vacation and needed a cat sitter. I'll check my local health food store for it.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in 2000, after Timothy died, my other cat Emily was so depressed that she literally lapped all the fur off of her stomach. My vet recommended the flower essence (I don't remember which one it was) but it was a miracle. Emily stopped the obesessive lapping and her hair grew back. I will never forget the lady (another customer) who was listening to the vet tech explain how to use the essence to me. When the tech finished the woman looked at me and said "This stuff is amazing. I take it myself when I get stressed out.
I just put a drop under my tongue and feel better immediately!"
I never tried that personally, but it sure worked for Emily.

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There are many combinations, but we have used Rescue Remedy. It is very calming. You put a few drops on the inside of the cat's ear. You can't overdose with this. I didn't have any luck when I put it in their water. They don't get enough that way.

Loads of luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mcat

There are many combinations, but we have used Rescue Remedy. It is very calming. You put a few drops on the inside of the cat's ear. You can't overdose with this. I didn't have any luck when I put it in their water. They don't get enough that way.

Loads of luck.
Good to know. If I put it in their water, both cats would experience the relaxing effects which isn't necessary. Nermal is without stress, only momentary scares. Fred on the other hand....