KatKwiz #43 - New and Improved!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have often wondered how something can be improved if it is new. If something is new, then there has been no time for improvements. On the other hand, if something has been improved, how the heck can it be new? Well, everybody else says it all the time, so I am saying it now: KatKwiz is back and it is New and Improved! We are going to abandon the way KatKwiz has been run in the past; now you DO NOT tell how you found the answer, but you must still find the answer on TheCatSite.com! The full new rules will be posted by tomorrow along with other new goodies, but for now all you need to know is: Just submit your answer and do not tell how you found it. This may make this a better game. Let's do it for a while and see!

Today's quiz is a 666 point countdown quiz. It starts at 666 points and goes down one point each minute. Only submit a numerical digit as your answer and please DO NOT tell how you found the answer. I am betting we will get a lot more answers this way and it may be a lot more fun this way. If not, we will go back to the old way.

You are on TheCatSite.com and you check your bank account. It is exactly and precisely 10,000.00 points. You sign off. All of a sudden you see bright lights and feel a whirling sensation and you find your self on a space ship, abducted by aliens. They perform tests on you (they look like cats), are nice to you, but hold you captive for 30 days. They then release you after 30 days and five minutes. Of course the first thing you can think of doing is to get back on TheCatSite.com so you do. You go to vbPlaza and click on Bank to see what your bank balance is. What is your exact bank balance?

I promise you, this is going to be the most informative KatKwiz ever. Just submit a numerical answer, nothing else or you will be disqualified.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow that complicated since the amount changes as your balance grows from the interest. I feel like I am back working at the bank.

Welcome back BTW!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like the number 666,so I am out of this one.Good luck everyone.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am TERRIBLE at math so I'm not even going to attempt this one. I wouldn't even know how to begin figuring it out

Good luck to everyone who CAN do math!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just submit a numerical answer, nothing else or you will be disqualified.
wow, that's kind of harsh.Maybe you should put that in BOLD

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

I would have just put a numerical answer but if I tried to it said that the post was too short. Hopefully the word points doesn't get me disqualified.
I know, that is going to dis-qualify ALOT of people from this one.
Persi, you may need to rethink this.If the message is to short, then it won't go through.That's really not fair to those trying to figure this out IMO!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Your exact balance should be 13,458.68
you put more than the
Just submit a numerical answer, nothing else or you will be disqualified.
I hope it doesn't disqualify you.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Smarty pants!
Yea, well. You can't submit an answer as instructed unless figuring out how to do so is that actual quiz.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

10,200 points
Bingo! This is the correct answer and you have won 648 points. You are the KatKwiz Whiz of the Day!
Note: If some of you have a problem submitting an answer this short, just add some verbiage such as "The correct answer to the question is 10,200". TigerOnTheProwl nonetheless managed to submit a shorter answer and nobody will be disqualified if they have to add a little extra verbiage to answer the question. I am sorry for any confusion and forgot about the short message limitation but TigerOnTheProwl seems to know how to get around this. Perhaps Tiger will PM me how this was achieved and I can use it for a KatKwiz question. BTW, anytime any of our KatKwiz players think they have a question that I can use that most people would not know, please PM it to me. I learn something every day just coming up with questions and I lost about 6000 points because I did not know the answer to today's question!

Here is why this is the correct answer and I have to admit, I did not know this until I went on vacation, expecting to have a huge amount of points earned in interest. I was quite surprised when I found out that I had not earned the amount of points I expected. When you sign in (use), your 48 hours starts counting down from that time. After 48 hours, you are awarded 2% (in this case, 200 points.) You must sign on again (use) after 48 hours to start the countdown for additional points. For instance, if you log on at 0800 today, and do not log on (use) anymore, you will earn no more interest points. If, in two days, you log on at 0801, you will be awarded 2% and your countdown will begin again, and then in two days if you log on at 0802, you are awarded 2% and the countdown starts again. If however, after two days you log on at 0759, your countdown will NOT begin until you log on again. So, for those of you that are interested in accumulating the maximum number of interest points as I am, this is something to keep in mind! The next time I go on vacation, I will make sure I log in every 48 hours and one minute!

By the way, I notice many members have points not in their bank account. These points are earning NO interest. Now that you are armed with this information, you can start earning many extra points just as I will in the future!

P.S., in the future, I will not end the game early but needed to clarify the point about sending too short of a message. Another BTW, the new rules have been posted and can be seen by clicking on the KatKwiz link below. See you tomorrow!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I don't like the number 666,so I am out of this one.Good luck everyone.
Hmmm, you have a point. Next time I will use 650 or 700!
On the other hand, you would have had to answer within 60 seconds to win 666 points.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Hmmm, you have a point. Next time I will use 650 or 700!
On the other hand, you would have had to answer within 60 seconds to win 666 points.
I would have tried, but as I said that number really bothers me........my Mom and Dad are both ministers and I have always felt that number was evil.Plus, I was busy with the other TCS contest.

Congrats to the winner.