Dorky Fish is crying!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dory has always had a weepy eye. Now he & Molly have the same thing. Molly's clears up in the morning, but gets weepier at night.

Dory has had constant fluid running from his eye for 3 weeks straight. I've been treating him with Terramycin to no effect. I've had him to the vet for this before & the vet has no idea...maybe a tear duct problem? It looks bloody colored on his face, but if I wipe it with a cloth, it looks slightly yellow. Like snot.
Did I mention he also has bouts of runny/snotty nose? And it's not a URI....nothing the vet can figure out. Right now, his nose is clear. Snotty nose seems to be in the winter.

Ideas?? I'm going to ask about it on Wed. when I've got my dog in.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. Perhaps he could have a sinus infection on just that side? I've had severe sinus infections before, where that side of the sinuses in stopped up and blocked off (so not draining into my nose) but my "nose" has been clear and I've been breathing through it just fine...Hope you find out what it is and it's fixed quickly and easily

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you tried giving L-Lysine?

That may give his immune system the boost needed to get rid of his weepy eye.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've tried. I can't even get it into this kid. I cannot hide anything in his food, he finds it. The pills are too big to pill him with. I gave her lysine for 3 months back when he was avaliable for adoption like almost a year ago & his weepy eyes/runny nose never cleared up. So, I quit dosing him.

Is there a way to just dose everyone?

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Back when using Lysine for my outdoor ferals was first suggested, the vet told me to figure 1/4 tsp. per cat, (I have the granules on hand), and mix it in the common food pan well.

I could get away with it with them. Now it seems I can't get away with hiding so much as the thought of anything in anyone's food or they will just go on strike and not eat. I'd like to know where they got this Supercat radar.

I can sometimes get Yeller to take the Viralys willingly, but not often.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's indoors only. I supposed pollen could get in. I've been going through trying to see if I've changed anything & I haven't. This is the same eye that's been problematic for, well, the entire 1 year 4 months I've had him. I checked his eye & could not see any scratches, etc. The white of his eye is a little pinkish tonight, but wasn't last night?

I take my dog to the vet tomorrow, I will ask then about Dorian. And Damita. And Molly. And Cow. And Fafeena. I really hope this vet has a lot of time for me!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol i dont have AC in the house, only the bed room.
Right now my eyes are blood red. running. almost looks like i have been crying. and breathing is hard, (could you get some drugs from the vet for me also )

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've got AC in the house. No windows open, either.
Now I wish I'd picked "normal" cats!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

now what fun would that be? your cats are to cute

and come on who does not love your pics of dorky fish

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm I don't know, it sounds like it could be something in the air bothering them...maybe that one tear duct of Dorky's doesn't drain right, so it makes the allergy issue more obvious...with the yucky goo running out of his eye?

I'm not much help...I'm sorry but your thread title made me laugh.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

"Normal" cats? Such a thing exists?
Where? Where?
One of mine peed on the weather radio last night, and killed it!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I completely & totally forgot to ask the vet about this!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
His eye looked awful this morning, so the vet squeezed us in between surgeries.
Guess what his problem is?!?!

The vet doesn't know! His eye is fine. No scratches, no inflamation, nothing! He told me to continue Terramycin until he's been on it for 10 days. Dory's also got a temp of 103.8, so he's on antibiotics in case it is bacterial.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

I've tried. I can't even get it into this kid. I cannot hide anything in his food, he finds it. The pills are too big to pill him with. I gave her lysine for 3 months back when he was avaliable for adoption like almost a year ago & his weepy eyes/runny nose never cleared up. So, I quit dosing him.

Is there a way to just dose everyone?
yep. i put it in their water. 1000 mg per 16 ounces. Pixel's eye has been much better since i started doing that.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

yep. i put it in their water. 1000 mg per 16 ounces. Pixel's eye has been much better since i started doing that.
I was wondering if that was you who said the dosage in water.... Awesome! I'll have to start dosing the water....might do the farm cat's water as well.