packing glasses

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's the best way to wrap up glassware? Of course DH has the white newspaper in his car at the airport. LoL I have bubble wrap and last weekend's paper.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last time I moved, I ran out of newspaper, so I wrapped a lot of my glassware in... um... underwear!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Last time I moved, I ran out of newspaper, so I wrapped a lot of my glassware in... um... underwear!
LOL Well I can't try that cause I am putting them in storage. Neat idea though.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got boxes from the um, ABC stores- that would be, the state run alcoholic beverage store here!
The boxes are already divided and set up for breakable glass items, so I just wrapped them in newspaper and dropped them in their slot. If you call ahead, usually they will save you some boxes, instead of crushing them

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use newspapers or buy the paper from U-Haul. Always stand the glasses upright. It sounds like you are moving, so here is another tip for boxing up your dishes. They should never by stacked flat in a box, but always wrapped and put in on their sides. This prevents the dishes from "snapping" if the box is dropped, jarred, etc. because you aren't putting stress on the china.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

I use newspapers or buy the paper from U-Haul. Always stand the glasses upright. It sounds like you are moving, so here is another tip for boxing up your dishes. They should never by stacked flat in a box, but always wrapped and put in on their sides. This prevents the dishes from "snapping" if the box is dropped, jarred, etc. because you aren't putting stress on the china.
Thanks for the tip on the dishes. I wasn't sure how to wrap them either. The glasses and dishwear are going in storage too. I definately will check with the state liquer store this week.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Thanks for the tip on the dishes. I wasn't sure how to wrap them either. The glasses and dishwear are going in storage too. I definately will check with the state liquer store this week.
You can also get them in some stores for things like bottles of pasta sauce etc