Kind of cat

andrea727

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, I broke down. I wasn't going to ask, but it drives me crazy when people ask me what kind of cat Mishugana (Mushy for short) is... can anyone help? Especially since she was a stray that we found in our backyard who just gave birth to kittens (she got pregnant before we took her in).

Her face is all smushed in like a Persian...but the vet kept rattling off names and I've never had a cat like this.

preciousmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had no idea what kind of cat mine was either until I went to a fair in which the 4H kids had a bunch of their cats there. I finally ran across a cat that looked EXACTLY like mine! Turns out, mine is a turtleback.

Maybe you could do something similiar? Like go to a cat show or watch them on TV? Otherwise I am really not sure how to find out the breed of a cat.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by preciousmom

I had no idea what kind of cat mine was either until I went to a fair in which the 4H kids had a bunch of their cats there. I finally ran across a cat that looked EXACTLY like mine! Turns out, mine is a turtleback.

Maybe you could do something similiar? Like go to a cat show or watch them on TV? Otherwise I am really not sure how to find out the breed of a cat.
Um do you mean Tortoiseshell? There is no breed or color called turtleback.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If she was a stray, then I would guess that she would just be a long-haired barn cat. Just a regular old mix.. But she could be an actual breed, but she doent look like any of the cat breeds I know.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Andrea727

Ok, I broke down. I wasn't going to ask, but it drives me crazy when people ask me what kind of cat Mishugana (Mushy for short) is... can anyone help? Especially since she was a stray that we found in our backyard who just gave birth to kittens (she got pregnant before we took her in).

Her face is all smushed in like a Persian...but the vet kept rattling off names and I've never had a cat like this.
She's certainly a mix (domestic medium hair)....unless we knew what her parents were it would be difficult to say what she is other than a very special kitty for you.

Katie

BTW...I do hope you plan to spay her once her kittens are fully weaned.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kinda hard to see her coloring she looks like a black smoke domestic longhair. But if her face is flat she probably is a persian mix and she does look like it in the pics. So a black smoke Persian mix.

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitytize

Kinda hard to see her coloring she looks like a black smoke domestic longhair. But if her face is flat she probably is a persian mix and she does look like it in the pics. So a black smoke Persian mix.
I concur. She looks like a Black Smoke Persian mix. Pretty cat!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's probably a persian mix. She almost reminds me of the old type of smoke persian - kinda of a reverse smoke/silver. I'm not sure what they were called (sterlings?) but I've seen pictures of them.

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She does look like she has some persian in her. Her expression is very persian like. But if she is part persian she is mixed cause persians have copper eyes.

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

But silvers have green eye color - so if you mix the gold and green together you get off shades
Since she is not pointed she should have copper eyes according to standard.
Also her hair seems too short to be a full blown persian, and the face doesn't look full blown persian, even doll faced.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I know she's a persian mix - that's not my point. Someone questioned the eye color. Was just commenting about silver persians have green eyes (nothing to do with points - which would have blue eyes).

When you mix the green and copper eye color together, you get more washed out "hazel" color eyes
Its hard to get the deep copper eye color on cats - many have a lighter gold color.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andrea727

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She actually has huge green eyes! Thanks for everyone's input
I was thinking Persian mix, but she didn't look full Persian and her hair is more medium... But heck, what do I know?

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... she's gorgeous! She's definitely a Persian mix. I love her coloring and expressive eyes... I bet she can get away with anything she wants.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have anything useful to add. I just wanted to say that she's very pretty and I LOVE her name!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andrea727

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That actually was very useful lol She could get away with anything, but she rarely tries
lucky for me because this house would be a wreck lol