Wet Food at Petsmart

dkat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

Our cat will ONLY eat wet food that is in sauce.

We were feeding her authority, but since the recall and re-release, she won't eat it anymore.

I don't know what to do because all that she'll eat from petsmart are some of the Purina Pro-Plan flavors or Friskies pouches (the ones with no by-products).

She'll eat dry, but I want to give her wet because of the water. Any suggestions of what is good at Petsmart or Petco? Thanks.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feed Pro Plan cans as that is what my Twitch will eat. I was unaware that Friskies had any by-product free ones....what kinds did you find that were by-product free?

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she tried the meow mix pouches? They don't have by products.

I believe the Sheba tubs are also by product free, however they aren't "complete", i.e. they're for supplemental or occasional feeding only.

I thought I heard somewhere that either PS or Petco had the By Nature pouches now? I haven't been there in a month or so, so I'm not sure.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just in Petco about 2 weeks ago, no by Nature pouches. My kitties loved the pouches the first 3 or 4 they ate. Now I've got like 20 of them sitting around that no one will eat.

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I feed Pro Plan cans as that is what my Twitch will eat. I was unaware that Friskies had any by-product free ones....what kinds did you find that were by-product free?
I'm also using proplan.. my cats will only eat cuts n gravy types too, while i am not a fan of the by-products i'd rather go that route than no wet at all

I'm also not aware of any friskies without byproducts? that is why i liked my max/nutro pouches since they didn't have any by-products.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

Has she tried the meow mix pouches? They don't have by products.

I believe the Sheba tubs are also by product free, however they aren't "complete", i.e. they're for supplemental or occasional feeding only.

I thought I heard somewhere that either PS or Petco had the By Nature pouches now? I haven't been there in a month or so, so I'm not sure.
I just saw them today in mine. 80 something cents for a 3 ounce pouch.

Edit: Pro Plan has a new select line. Those don't have any wheat gluten (only the wet doesn't have it) or by products. So I bought some of those for Luna.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dkat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ours won't eat the Pro Plan selects. Also not the Meow Mix pouches. I'll have to try some of the other pouches mentioned.

As far as the Friskies, the Green pouch (seared filets with turkey and giblets) doesn't have by-products on the ingredients list. I think the purple one might also be by-product free, but I don't have one in front of me.

Thanks for the help!

Any other good brands at Petsmart/Petco or Pet Supplies Plus?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As far as chunks & gravy goes, it's slim pickins since the recall.
Have you ever tried Merrick? A few flavors are pretty soupy & can be added sparingly into the mix here.

The Sheba tins aren't complete, but can be fed(not as sole diet). All but one flavor is liked here.

ETA: Duh! Beandip already suggested Sheba.

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DKat

Ours won't eat the Pro Plan selects. Also not the Meow Mix pouches. I'll have to try some of the other pouches mentioned.

As far as the Friskies, the Green pouch (seared filets with turkey and giblets) doesn't have by-products on the ingredients list. I think the purple one might also be by-product free, but I don't have one in front of me.

Thanks for the help!

Any other good brands at Petsmart/Petco or Pet Supplies Plus?
friskies green pouch? hmm i'll have to have a look at one.. never heard of proplan selects but then we only recently got proplan wet in this country.

good luck on finding a wet!

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Woden foundly found a wet urinary formula he likes.. sigh.. pro plan, I love him so I guess it's time to give in. Good luck with the testing foods I'm sure you'll all find one you like.

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DKat

?
I looked up online the friskies you were referring too, unfortunately they don't sell either of those in this country
and yes the purple one didn't list any by-products either.. again too bad they are not here my group might have liked them...

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Starfish

I just saw them today in mine. 80 something cents for a 3 ounce pouch.
Apparently they don't think it will fly in my area...I visited Petco and Petsmart yesterday, and all I saw was the same old stuff...no By Nature.

Was it Petsmart that had it?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Apparently they don't think it will fly in my area...I visited Petco and Petsmart yesterday, and all I saw was the same old stuff...no By Nature.

our petsmart has it. by nature naturals, by nature organics and avoderm.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just an FYI ... It appears By nature is made in china.... I would suspect so is purina since they have a plant there and the labels say printed in Usa

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, the pouches say "made in china". I have been told that the By Nature Organic cans are made by Evanger's plant.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've only seen By Nature dry food in our Petsmart(s)

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Yes. One of the reasons I didn't get it was because I would have to buy twice as much wet food as I did with the selects and I already have a hard time making sure I can afford wet food as it is. But I refuse to give her 'junk' food.