Rain, rain and more rain....

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been raining almost non-stop for going on 2 weeks now here..The storms and rain spells just keep moving in then clear for an hour, and downpour again...our drought is over..our lakes are now full again (which is a good thing) but I am frustrated because I can't keep my house clean with the dogs tracking the mud in.

OK, vent is over..

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel for you. In the last week we have had 10 inches of rain, 6 deaths due to flooding, which NEVER has happened in Killeen before, and a small tornado came through. Touched down 5 times and did do some damage. My backyard looks like a swamp. If it doesn't dry up soon, my tree may die and that will make me VERY unhappy.

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hey send some this way.
We are at a level 2 drought. Water restrictions have been put into place. Also we have wildfires here in this state and the one below us. We have smoke from these wildfires in the air here and the government is advising people to stay inside.
The ockefonkee (sp) swamp is burning with the wind blowing the smoke our direction. The sky is so smokey that visibility is limited. Florida has fires burning around Lake city so you know they are smokey too. So any and all rain we get would be a big help. So please send some this way.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kittywarden

hey send some this way.
We are at a level 2 drought. Water restrictions have been put into place. Also we have wildfires here in this state and the one below us. We have smoke from these wildfires in the air here and the government is advising people to stay inside.
The ockefonkee (sp) swamp is burning with the wind blowing the smoke our direction. The sky is so smokey that visibility is limited. Florida has fires burning around Lake city so you know they are smokey too. So any and all rain we get would be a big help. So please send some this way.
I wish I could send some your way!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Send it down under. Sydney, I think, is at level 4 water restrictions, Melbourne & Brisbane are level 5. Keep the tornados though.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its really dry where I live-I have sandy soil and some of my flowers beds-the perennials are wilting-but chance of rain everyday this week so I'm hoping!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I will send some rain only all of your way...

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of our park areas around the lakes are permanently closed until further notice. I will take some pictures on the way home tomorrow, or maybe I can borrow a few from a friend who has taken some to show how bad it is. It is much worse than the last time...The water is so high it is close to flooding the roadways and I know that many fishing ramps including the parking lots are completely under water and wouldn't be surprised if it has reached the actual road. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

It's tradition, right? ...Texas and the Memorial Day weekend floods.
Not of late!
But this is really bad.

Here are some pictures of the lake area. That little orange top you see is what is left of the playground.

This is how far up the water has come and is still rising. This is the main road down to that parking lot where the beach is. That building is where the bathrooms are.

You'll notice that yellow stripe through the water...that's the parking lot.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goodness!
Boy, I keep hoping some of that will come our way... (some, that is
). We are on voluntary drought restrictions here (level 2, I believe) and probably will be mandatory next week, plus we are getting tons of smoke from our neighbor, Georgia's, fires. I can't imagine living in those counties! We have a whole whopping 20% chance of rain later this week...

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Far out brussel sprout! That is BAD!

Sending 'stop the rain' vibes your way - or rather, send the rain to the places that need it!