cat attacking kittens

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello.

We have, a cat, 8 months old, so really a kitten, but he is hunge.

About 6-7 weeks ago, the same mom/mum, of the cat whos 8 months, gave birth, to 4 kittens, and we was allowed 2 of them, we are told that both are males, but how do i tell, at that age?

What im really asking here, is that, the cat is like, really nervus about the kittens, and keeps hitting them with his pour, what can i do to stop this? is he just playing?

Also, the kittens, keep going behind the TV, and getting tangled up with the wires, how can we stop them from going behind there?

Here are some pics of the cat .

http://www.runehints.com/cat/

im going to try and get pics of the kittens soon, they have no names, but the cat is called bubbles...

dragoro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can tape the wires together with duct tape, or use zip ties in several places to keep the wires taught and together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thats what we have, but we have alot of wires, a few going to the top, and a few going in the middle, and a few going to the bottem, so, they are as tight as they are, but yet, they still go behind

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
so, just let them get on with it?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is your cat neutered? He should not have access to the new kittens right now, regardless if he is neutered or not. He could hurt the kittens without meaning to, or he could attack them just because he is a male.

They are not related, not really. Unless this was a pedigree birthing with the same male mating with the mom cat

Block the entrance of the back of the television with a flat board or even a large flat of cardboard. You don't want to get the kittens caught back there and that can happen.

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
they all have the same mom, and dad cats

he has not had the "chop" yet, The kittens get between the VHS, DVD, TV, Freeveiw, and a radio, so, its kinda hard to block off the wires, but, they cant get behind the TV now

victimofchanges

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gaogier

he has not had the "chop" yet, The kittens get between the VHS, DVD, TV, Freeveiw, and a radio, so, its kinda hard to block off the wires, but, they cant get behind the TV now
perfsonally i would have him "chopped" before i let him outside, because hes old enough now to just make more unwanted babies with random females, as for getting into wires, the same as the others, either a kitten proofed room or block off the ways into the spaces with card board....

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gaogier

I would get him neutered now...the older he goes without being neutered, the greater the chance that he will start to spray and spraying is not something you want to deal with. So I would definately get him neutered now. I wouldn't even consider giving him any freedom outside until the procedure has been done.

So are these cats that you acquired from a breeding program? Because if not, then it would be best if mom and dad cat are spayed/neutered. Unfortunately the longer they remain intact the greater the chance of cancer and pyometra (which is a nasty infection that if not treated can kill a cat).

Until you know for sure these new kittens are both boys....I would also be careful about allowing them to interact with your male until he has been neutered. Cats can and do become pregnant as early as 4 months of age.

Katie

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
from what i can tell, the mom, and the dad cats was breeded together, to raise cash, for them both to get the chop and stopping them from having more kittens.

The people who we got the cats (all 3 of them) said that the first one was a boy at 2-3 weeks, and that the new kittens was boys at 4-5 weeks, so thats a huge amount.

Also, i have been looking online on how you tell, in such younge kittens.

http://www.vetinfo.com/csexcat.html

http://www.kitten-rescue.com/sexing_the_kitten.html

[edited]it also looks like the cat (bubbles) is just playing with the kittens, but is a little too rough with them. and he cant work out why, he cant fit into the small spaces that the kittens can fit in.[/edited]