Picture and Update: Day Three with Penny - the newbie brings them closer together...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a pic of Ginger and Ferris from a few minutes ago. I've put the cacti out onto the back porch, so now there is more room for sunning in the window.

The two furmonsters, as someone on TCS so nicely titled them,
seem to have regrouped and gotten it together a bit more today. I gave flower essences last evening to all three of them in their wet food, will do so again tonight and for minimum of a week or so, I think.

Ferris and Ginger played chase again after supper last night and things seem to be getting more "normal" for these two. Ginger even chased Penny for fun, but Penny doesn't trust her yet and didn't enjoy the game.

This morning Ginger tried to "make friends" with Penny but Penny took her turn at growling and growling, and kept Ginger away from her.

Penny is right now sleeping nestled up in the lower tube part of the newest cat condo in the living room. She has claimed that space as her own, and no one is complaining.
Unfortunately, I can't get in there with a camera. So you'll just have to imagine a peaceful Pretty Penny lying all curled up.

I've already given another fat dose of Vanilla Extract on the back of Ferris & Ginger's necks, and will get Penny's once she's awake again later.

It'll take some time for them to all get used to each other, but I am feeling quite sure at this point that things are going very well, all things considered.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you play with her now that she's settled in a bit more? It can be a great stress reliever both for you and the cat! to get a good play work out going. If she doesn't want to or if it pisses of the other cats too much it doesn't work of course.

Anyway it's been facinating reading through your posts about Penny, I have just a single cat so I've never had to do cat introductions and I doubt I ever will because my Nikita is very stubborn and territorial and doesn't like other cats at all (i.e growls and hisses at her neighbours when she's boarded in a cattery etc.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

Do you play with her now that she's settled in a bit more? It can be a great stress reliever both for you and the cat! to get a good play work out going. If she doesn't want to or if it pisses of the other cats too much it doesn't work of course.

Anyway it's been facinating reading through your posts about Penny, I have just a single cat so I've never had to do cat introductions and I doubt I ever will because my Nikita is very stubborn and territorial and doesn't like other cats at all (i.e growls and hisses at her neighbours when she's boarded in a cattery etc.)
I've initiated wand play a few times, but the other cats come running and then Penny gets defensive, so I'm taking it easy at the moment. My roomie tried to get them to play with the laser pointer for a while last night, but same result.

I did start calling her "Monkey" last night - she doesn't run the way Ginger and Ferris do, she lopes through the room at top speed (darn that giant wheel) and carries her tail upright with a curl on the end like a little monkey would.

She isn't having too much to do with me at the moment - but she nearly lept onto my shoulder last night when it was suppertime.
She knows where the food comes from!

She's sleeping a lot, and I imagine she's working off the stress of the trip in the airplane only to find herself in a strange place loaded with strange smells.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe such cuties

It sounds like things are going good for the most part
But its all to be expected, it really seeems like all is going well though
I am loving these updates

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That Ferris is such a handsome guy !
Well, it looks like everything is moving along pretty well. Maybe your roomie can distract the other two so you can get in some solo playtime with Penny...I second the notion that some good playtime might make her feel better about her new home.