Pinnacle allergy-free formula?

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyone feed their cats Pinnacle allergy-free formula?

Munchie has UTI issues, but is slowly transitioning from Rx foods to non-Rx (Thanks, beandip! we're going to try Nature's Variety freeze-dried, maybe the raw, too, but tried a small can of WildKitty raw and got two hunger-strikers!)

Doc has possible food allergy issues...he was on the NB duck & green pea, then the recall, so he's on Solid Gold Katz-n-flocken now.

Both are on a rotation of wet foods (AvoDerm, Solid Gold, Tiki Cat, ProPlan, and the occasional junkfood-treat-Whiskas!).

So, just wondering if anyone feeds their cat Pinnacle, and if it helps w/ allergy-skin issues? and any harm in a kitty w/ a history of struvite stones?? What about Wellness Core??

Thanks!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ingrediants help

COmmon cat food allergies are \\

WHEAT

SOY

FIsh

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Pinnacle Feline Peak Protein Ingredients
Chicken Meal, Chicken, Potato Protein, Potato Flour, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Ascorbic Acid), Ocean Fish, Natural Flavor, Tomato Pomace, Dried Egg Product, Dried Cranberries, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Dried Yucca Schidigera, Bromelain, Papain, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Product, Ferrous Sulfate, DL-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (Source of Vitamin E), Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Proteinate, Riboflavin Supplement (Source of Vitamin B Complex), Zinc Methionine, Iron Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Niacin, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Calcium Iodate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1), Folic Acid, Potassium Iodate, Vitamin D3 Supplement.

Canned:

Natural Ingredients
Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Giblets, Tuna, Mackerel, Turkey, Kidney, Oat Bran, Quinoa Seed, Egg Product, Guar Gum, Grapeseed Oil, Cottage Cheese, Dried Whey, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Carrageenan, Cranberry Meal, Taurine, Papain, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganous Sulfate, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement,
Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Sodium Selenite.

Fish Broth, Ocean Fish, Chicken, Chicken Giblets, Turkey, Kidney, Oat Bran, Quinoa Seed, Egg Product, Guar Gum, Grapeseed Oil, Cottage Cheese, Dried Whey, Potassium Chloride, Carrageenan, Salt, Cranberry Meal, Papain, Taurine, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganous Sulfate, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Sodium Selenite

Chicken, Fish Broth, Chicken Giblets, Ocean Fish,Turkey, Kidney, Oat Bran, Quinoa Seed, Egg Product, Guar Gum, Grapeseed Oil, Cottage Cheese, Dried Whey, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Carrageenan, Cranberry Meal, Taurine, Papain, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganous Sulfate, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium Oxide, Biotin, Sodium Selenite.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the ingredients, jcat!

1. Anyone feeding Pinnacle dry to their cats?

2. One vet mentioned he thought proteins were more likely to be problematic than carbs...what are people's experiences? (Doc tried the an entire bag Innova Evo w/o any change -- the coppery brown dry bag)

3. Katz-n-flocken safe for struvite-history-kitty? I couldn't find a good mineral % listing on their website or on the bag.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stuvite safe is relative ... No Solid gold by the % is not UTI friendly .. I and a few others called to get the info
... it used to be ...

THank you for the ingrediants Fran

I am going to try Pinnacle if vet okays it since it is a grain free that is COST effective( here I can get 15lb for 18 $ vs 5.6lb of Core( she likes) for 25$.. for allergys it is a iffy due to fish .It s protein and fat is more moderate than most grain frees... IMHO most cats have GRAIN issues before meat , Zoey is allergic to wheat and soy with a slight corn issue.. Kandie
had a corn issue .. I find dogs have more MEAT issues than cat s.. Evo is NOT for senistive cats or dogs

Pinnacle canned has a GLARING ingrediant I wont serve ... GRAPESEED oil....

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Stuvite safe is relative ... No Solid gold by the % is not UTI friendly .. I and a few others called to get the info
... it used to be ...

THank you for the ingrediants Fran

I am going to try Pinnacle if vet okays it since it is a grain free that is COST effective( here I can get 15lb for 18 $ vs 5.6lb of Core( she likes) for 25$.. for allergys it is a iffy due to fish .It s protein and fat is more moderate than most grain frees... IMHO most cats have GRAIN issues before meat , Zoey is allergic to wheat and soy with a slight corn issue.. Kandie
had a corn issue .. I find dogs have more MEAT issues than cat s.. Evo is NOT for senistive cats or dogs

Pinnacle canned has a GLARING ingrediant I wont serve ... GRAPESEED oil....
Thanks, sharky!

No Solid Gold Katz-n-flocken for UTI kitties, huh?
Both of them love it. Maybe we can try to sneak Doc some, as he has no history of crystals.

Trying a small bag of Wysong Uretic & Wellness Core. Will try to find a local store carrying Pinnacle dry after these are done, if no improvement. The store we like to go to stopped carrying it b/c they said it just sat on the shelves too long

P.S. I don't know anything about grapeseed oil -- why's it bad?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grapes are POSION to cats .. Grapeseeds are the part that is POSION thus the oil is concetrated seeds...

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Surprise, surprise!

They took to the Pinnacle right away! Wellness Core was okay, but they seem to always leave a little bit in the bowls...but with the Pinnacle...all gone!

Hopefully, this will be part of the answer for Doc's allergies

BTW it was $15.99 for a 4.5-lb bag...it might have been the most $$ dry food there (ex/c the Nature's Variety Freeze-dried, which we are planning to try to see if can be part of their rotation if NV raw is cat-cotted!
)

P.S. Thanks for the info, sharky