Does anyone follow Hockey?

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Living in Ottawa it is "Senator's FEVER" the whole town wares red on game days and there are banners and flags everywhere. The town has gone Hockey NUTS! Any store you go into seems to have the sports highlights on the TV or radio. You can't help but get caught up in the energy. Ottawa hasn't won a Stanley cup in modern history. The last franchise in Ottawa won the cup in 1927 and the modern team has never made is to the last round. The roads seem to clear and a hush falls over the city when the game starts, that is of course until we score. I live in an appartment building and I swear that the building shakes every time there is a goal.

I normally get together with friends to watch games. Even the kids get to stay up to watch the whole game. There are people cruising down the streets after the games we win horns blareing and people yelling. It's an amazing energy.

Is anyone else following the playoffs? Am I the lone Sens fan?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't follow hockey like I follow lacrosse, but I enjoy the playoffs. While I would prefer the Toronto Maple Leafs to be in the playoffs, I am jazzed that the Ses are. I have my fingers crossed for them!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No your not the lone Senators fan and I can attest to that. Although I am not a hockey fan myself I live in Parry Sound Ontario....you know that place Bobby Orr comes from. The hockey fans get an early start here and most kids both boys and girls are on skates as soon as they can walk.
Needless to say there is a mixed bag of Canadian team fans with most gravitating towards the Leafs, as the closest city, next in line of coarse is Ottawa which all the fickle Toronto fans have now taken up the colors for.
The local Don Cherry's Sport Bar is pretty packed on game night and of coarse all the gentlemen of the town can talk about the next day is who scored what, or who saved what, or who checked who, or how many punches were thrown. It keeps them occupied until Bass Season opens.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I am from Ottawa..My friends are raving about Elgin being Sens Mile
I love Elgin - Once stayed at the Lord Elgin for a work conference! I can just picture it there.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I follow hockey, but I'm kind of torn on who I want to win. If it weren't for Teemu Selane, I'd be completely pulling for Ottawa, but I'd love to see Teemu with the Cup. So, I'm torn. I was VERY happy to see Buffalo go down, though, so thank you Sens! That was a fantastic series.

Its not quite as exciting for me this year, I have to admit. Last year I was just on pins and needles right now (being a Hurricanes fan).

Good luck to both teams! Looking forward to a great series.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

No your not the lone Senators fan and I can attest to that. Although I am not a hockey fan myself I live in Parry Sound Ontario....you know that place Bobby Orr comes from. The
Bobby Orr
Greatest hockey player ever!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not a big hockey fan here, but glad to see any Canadian team in the running. I find hockey has too much fighting now so I don't enjoy it as much as I did some years ago.

Which reminds me of a cute joke I heard: I went to the fights the other night and a hockey game broke out.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love Hockey, but have some inborn Ottawa hostility (Several generations of Leaf fan in me), and now that I live in Edmonton, some automatic Anaheim hostility. Im hoping for Ottawa: at least then the cup will be in Canada!
So, as blasphemous as it feels to say this, GO SENS GO!