My Mom just took her cat to the emergency vet

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She said the cat has tried to urinate about 7 times in a span of 45 minutes. When Moma looked at her, she had like a string of blood or something on her down there. She called her vet but they sent her to the emergency vet which is probably 30--40 minutes away, at the very least. She called about 9:00 and its almost 11:30 now and I haven't heard from her. Please keep your fingers crossed and send healing energy her way.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

Yes, she's spayed.
well...at least we know it has nothing to do with her reproductive organs
(that's a very good thing!) hang in there! i'm sure the vets will figure it out soon
(((vibes))) - has she recently been vaccinated or had any blood tests done? how are her kidney functions normally if you know? she might have kidney stones with her having difficulty urinating/blood.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

well...at least we know it has nothing to do with her reproductive organs
(that's a very good thing!) hang in there! i'm sure the vets will figure it out soon
(((vibes))) - has she recently been vaccinated or had any blood tests done? how are her kidney functions normally if you know? she might have kidney stones with her having difficulty urinating/blood.
Moma keeps up with all the cats' shots pretty well, but I am sure no blood tests have been done lately. Hopefully kidney stones will be the diagnosis. Thanks for the *vibes*.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiskerynature

Sending more healing vibes your way...any news yet?
Thanks for asking, no news yet. I've tried calling her cell phone, but no answer.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, they told Moma that the kitty has a lower urinary tract infection. Prescribed antibiotics and pain meds. Blood tests were ran and everything was normal except elevated red blood cells.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Prescribed antibiotics and pain meds.
I'm so glad that it wasn't anything serious. And I'm so impressed with the vet for taking into consideration that animals feel pain too and giving the poor kitty some pain medication.

More vets should be like that.

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Okay, they told Moma that the kitty has a lower urinary tract infection. Prescribed antibiotics and pain meds. Blood tests were ran and everything was normal except elevated red blood cells.
Did they check for crystals? Our Munchie had what they thought was an UTI, and then later on, he ended up with more red in his pee, and it turned out to be crystals...and then, he was plugged up pretty badly...came on suddenly. Hit us out of nowhere. Might want to pay close attention to his pee. Hopefully, it's just an UTI and will go away w/ antibiotics. Good luck!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She said the cat has tried to urinate about 7 times in a span of 45 minutes. When Moma looked at her, she had like a string of blood or something on her down there. She called her vet but they sent her to the emergency vet which is probably 30--40 minutes away, at the very least. She called about 9:00 and its almost 11:30 now and I haven't heard from her. Please keep your fingers crossed and send healing energy her way.
How sweet of you to ask for vibes! They must have worked!! The EV diagnosed Anna with FLUTD. Her RBC was 10...just over the normal range and they want her rechecked in a month to rule out "true polycythemia". Talk about someone being a nervous wreck!!! I just knew she was blocked or had stones! She hadn't shown any signs whatsoever of being in pain,but I knew when I saw her trying to go so many times,there was something going on! And when I saw the bloody mucus...I freaked!! Those vets were wonderful there!!! They were so gentle with her and they fell in love with her green eyes
. Poor little girl was so scared...she hid her head under my arm the entire time! So...we're back...and thanks everyone for your concern and caring. We appreciate it! By the way...they even gave her 3 days worth of pain meds!! I can already tell they made a difference!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

that is very good
hopefully everything will clear up with the meds. have your mom keep a close eye on her for a few days now though as far as her urine goes.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My sister's cat just had this, a male. Except he was peeing all the time, 4 times just at the vet's office. No crystals, just a UTI

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad that everything was found out quickly and the kitty is able to be treated!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad it wasn't too serious but anything with our cats is a serious situation I'm just glad pain meds and antibiotics are all your mom has to deal with other than a grumpy kitty. <<<Vibes>>> to all your family. Kitty will be better in no time