gassy cats!! LOL!

sammie's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok everyone. I haven't been on in so long but hopefully you all can help me with this one.... Crosby and Sammie are on dry food, chicken soup. They look amazing but they are soo gassy its just horrible. I've kept them on it for several months thinking i would let their systems adjust to the better food but it hasn't gotten any better. Its time to make a change!!! For my nose sake! What would you all recommend? They are 100% indoor cats on dry food. They are soon to be one year old. Sammie has some shedding issues but looks good. I like good quality food but like some withing reason $$$ wise. i pay about $8.99 for a 6 pound bag of chicken soup so anything in that range is fine. Thanks all!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sammie's mom

Ok everyone. I haven't been on in so long but hopefully you all can help me with this one.... Crosby and Sammie are on dry food, chicken soup. They look amazing but they are soo gassy its just horrible. I've kept them on it for several months thinking i would let their systems adjust to the better food but it hasn't gotten any better. Its time to make a change!!! For my nose sake! What would you all recommend? They are 100% indoor cats on dry food. They are soon to be one year old. Sammie has some shedding issues but looks good. I like good quality food but like some withing reason $$$ wise. i pay about $8.99 for a 6 pound bag of chicken soup so anything in that range is fine. Thanks all!
The only difference I see between what you are feeding your cats and what I am feeding mine is the chicken soup. As far as I know, (and I guess my nose would know)
gas has never been a problem for my two just eating freely a dry indoor cat formula.

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you know if your kitties are lactose intolerant? There is dried skim milk in the Chicken Soup and this may be causing the gas. My Merlynn cannot even have the special cat's milk she is so intolerant. And I figured out that garlic gives her gas...but there seems to be no garlic in the ingredient list of the Chicken Soup. Try another brand that does not contain dairy and see if that helps.

Caraway seed tea is sometimes used as a remedy for flatulence....

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Give nutro Max Cat a look and see if you find that affordable. Around here it's pretty comparable price wise and a good quality food.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tru

Give nutro Max Cat a look and see if you find that affordable. Around here it's pretty comparable price wise and a good quality food.
That or Pinnacle if you can find it .. here it runs 18$ for 15lbs and it is simple chn fish potato