Good Grief, Topaz...

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of weeks ago I splurged and bought a small container of chicken flavored treats for my brats.

They refused them.

Today we were getting ready to go to a family gathering and I told Mom to make sure she brought the container along so we could give it to my niece or nephew who also have cats. Mom set the container by her purse and Topaz sniffed it. Mom told her this was her last chance or they were going.

She demanded and ate several pieces.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
CATS!!! Gotta love 'em!

But.... what cat would refuse a chicken treat? I guess the idea of giving them to other kitties did the trick!

Laurie

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

CATS!!! Gotta love 'em!

But.... what cat would refuse a chicken treat?
Abby! She is very picky and the only food she will eat is Waltham's w/d Feline dry cat food.

I have tried store brands, I have tried various types of canned food from vet to brand name ones like Friskies, I have cut up pieces of my dinner items such as steak or chicken or fish, and she may lick a piece of it once or twice, but she won't eat it. She won't even eat canned tuna or salmon, not even the liquid.

I have bought cat treats and while Chynna loves them (of course she hasn't met a food that she doesn't like), Abby turns her nose up at them.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

They don't want them, but don't want other cats to have them
Sounds like something human siblings would do, too!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!!! She just wanted to make sure that no one else got them.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so typical!

Radar is a little picky when it comes to his wet food, he prefers chunks or strips of meat in gravy and isn't keen on pate style foods. Sonic will eat anything. So because I don't like waste, if I give wet food to Radar and he doesn't show enthusiasm within 30 minutes, I take it and give it to Sonic instead.

Since I started doing this, Radar has become a lot less fussy

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

That is so typical!

Radar is a little picky when it comes to his wet food, he prefers chunks or strips of meat in gravy and isn't keen on pate style foods. Sonic will eat anything. So because I don't like waste, if I give wet food to Radar and he doesn't show enthusiasm within 30 minutes, I take it and give it to Sonic instead.

Since I started doing this, Radar has become a lot less fussy
8-Bit was that way before we got Scratch. He was very specific about how he wanted his food. Scratch will eat carpet lint. Now, 8-Bit eats what ever in in front of him.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, it's not just food...

I had some small stuffies that I had offered multiple times to Trent and Ophelia, which they didn't like at all. No interest. One year, as we were preparing stockings for employees' children we realized we were one stuffie short. I knew I had extra (that I hadn't tried to give to the cats), so I put one on my purse to bring in to work the next day. Yup, sure enough, Ophelia decided that the little bear was just purrfect for her and was her favorite toy and I couldn't give it away.
(So I got a little blue bunny for the stocking instead...) Ever since then, the bear has been one of her favorite things ever - all because I was going to give it away.