Need Help!!!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
went out to my shed today, to get the weed wacker, and happened to look at the corner of the house where the skirting was coming up. imagine my suprise the see tiny eyes looking back at me!!! there was a tiny kitten, 2 in fact. they look about 4-5 weeks old. there was mom, who i had been mistaking for a boy for the longest time!!!.

now i know under my house is NOT the best place for them, but there scared of me. i feed them, but they wont come near me. whats the best plan of action to get these guys out??

i was thinkin humane traps, but where do i get some??

P.S. now i find there are SIX kittens, not just 2, and they wont come near me for nothing,lol.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow!! What a surprise that must have been under there..

I have no advice for you because I am no expert..but wanted to wish you luck in trapping them, especially the momma and getting her spayed

marine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I am a little suprised that none of the experts on this topic have answered you. Maybe they have PM'd you? In my very limited experience, feeding them will surely help earn their trust of you. I have heard that if you put treats down on a towel or shirt that has your smell on it, they may associate your smell with good things.
I don't know where you live, but there should be either a humane society or a rescue organization that could loan you a trap.
Maybe you could add the type of "help" you need to your post title so the experts will notice.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

went out to my shed today, to get the weed wacker, and happened to look at the corner of the house where the skirting was coming up. imagine my suprise the see tiny eyes looking back at me!!! there was a tiny kitten, 2 in fact. they look about 4-5 weeks old. there was mom, who i had been mistaking for a boy for the longest time!!!.

now i know under my house is NOT the best place for them, but there scared of me. i feed them, but they wont come near me. whats the best plan of action to get these guys out??

i was thinkin humane traps, but where do i get some??

P.S. now i find there are SIX kittens, not just 2, and they wont come near me for nothing,lol.
You can usually borrow humane traps from the local humane society or TNR organization. I would really try to trap now if possible that way you can get mom spayed before she has yet another litter.

http://www.alleycat.org/orgs.html#ny

The kittens are now at the point where you could probably start bottle feeding them and getting them used to food.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i did manage to get one, she was caught by hand. i offered her kitten food ( pro plan) moistened, and she gobbles it.

i have in the works some traps so i can get them all out, and momma is going to be be spayed as well, a stranger of all ppl offered to spay her and return her. the baby seems to already have her teeth, so no quite sure of age, but shes about double the size of my foster litter, and there two weeks old.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

i did manage to get one, she was caught by hand. i offered her kitten food ( pro plan) moistened, and she gobbles it.

i have in the works some traps so i can get them all out, and momma is going to be be spayed as well, a stranger of all ppl offered to spay her and return her. the baby seems to already have her teeth, so no quite sure of age, but shes about double the size of my foster litter, and there two weeks old.
How fabulous that someone has offered to spay the mom.
BTW...you may also want to join the feral cat yahoo group..it's in my signature.

Katie

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i joined, thanks!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
****UPDATE*****

I caught 2 more!!! a male and female tiger stripes. They are sooo cute!! and they dont seem to mind being touched. We opened the side of the house skirting, and low and behold, there was a pipe in the middle of the underneath of the house with a board and rock on it. we opened it up, and 2 more kittens were in there! the are now in the house with their sister, bathed and fed. they are jsut as cuddly as sis. I think i will foster them till i can get them adopted

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CONGRATZ and i hope that you can manage to catch the rest and the kittens, that woul dbe so awesome, i'm really glad that you are doign this ! way to go

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awwwwwwww that's wonderful that you were able to catch them.I would keep trying to catch the rest of them.Good luck with them.
I once found, or actually my DOG found 6 kittens in his dog house that someone dropped off at about 3 weeks old.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, since we found the kittens, i havent seen hid nor hair of mom, its like she vanished!!

imma try to keep the kittens as long as i can, but i am running out of room,lol. the foster kittens are gonna need the kennel soon that the lil guys i caught are in. so i need to find someone willing to sell me a big dog kennel CHEAP. if anyone knows where i could get it, it would be GREAT!!!