problem, need HELP!!!!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i went out to my shed today, to get the weed wacker, and happened to look at the corner of the house where the skirting was coming up. imagine my suprise the see tiny eyes looking back at me!!! there was a tiny kitten, 2 in fact. they look about 4-5 weeks old. there was mom, who i had been mistaking for a boy for the longest time!!!.

now i know under my house is NOT the best place for them, but there scared of me. i feed them, but they wont come near me. whats the best plan of action to get these guys out??

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
either try and gain their trust with food and maybe just sitting there and let them come to you which can take time and might not be the best cause of action to go with , or try seeing if you can borrow a trap from a human rescue center , and trap them. then either say you will be willling to look after them, or see if they will take them to find them a home , just make sure its a no kill shelter.
good luck and let us know how it works out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was thinking the traps too. will the humane center let me borrow them, or will i have to pay??

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think some do ask for a deposit, you will need to ask maybe try a few different ones , but sometimes their can be a wait if all their traps are being used. sometimes you might be luckly enough and a vet will have one. no harm in asking .
just another thing , try posting this in the sos fourm , you might get a few more ideas.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you for the suggestions!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*********UPDATE*********

so far tonight we have caught one. Seems to be a domestic shorthair, black and white, about 4-5 weeks old. she was friendly after caught, and is now in a rottweiler sized kennel with food, water and a litter box, after a bath with mild dawn soap of course. shes a bit whiney, but arnt we all after what shes been though,lol.

after she calms down, im going to let the momma im fostering mother her a bit, she seems like she needs it. shes appears healthy of weight and has teeth, all seems to be in order. a vet visit will comfim soon.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
be carfull letting her mix with the other kittens , she could have any number of things wrong, and the last thing you want is everyone catching something nasty. vets first then see what happens , and if possible try and catch mum and the other baby.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that i realize. im not letting her near the other kittens.

i have been trying to catch em all since sat. its not easy, they are fast!,lol.

i am getting some help soon tho.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try a trap because if they are between 4-8 weeks old and you can't get them now, they will be twice as hard when older. Whenever our barn cats had their kittens, we'd do our best to get them inside at 5-6 weeks old for taming down before placing them. And even then they were tough to catch.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Try a trap because if they are between 4-8 weeks old and you can't get them now, they will be twice as hard when older. Whenever our barn cats had their kittens, we'd do our best to get them inside at 5-6 weeks old for taming down before placing them. And even then they were tough to catch.
Its really hard to catch kittens even when they are tiny! It took me about a week to catch the hole in the wall gang. I was shocked when I caught all three kittens in one day. It was all just luck. They were 7 weeks old when I got them. Now they are very sweet babies. If you catch them early enough they are pretty easy to tame down.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
****UPDATE*****

I caught 2 more!!! a male and female tiger stripes. They are sooo cute!!
and they dont seem to mind being touched. We opened the side of the house skirting, and low and behold, there was a pipe in the middle of the underneath of the house with a board and rock on it. we opened it up, and 2 more kittens were in there! the are now in the house with their sister, bathed and fed. they are jsut as cuddly as sis. I think i will foster them till i can get them adopted.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw your doing really well , lets hope mum will be just as quick. keeps us updated.