TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Well.... this is intresting....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Well.... this is intresting....

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
I gave the boys a bath last night. Mostly, it was because they smelled like Porta-Johns, but I was also trying to improve some coat issues with Dr. Claw. It's been around twelve hours, and he hasn't ripped out any fur. I'm used to finding chunks here and there, but so far so good. Keep your fingers crossed. I may have found a solution.

post #2 of 28
Maybe the shampoo soothed what ever is causing his itching. Which is good - but may mean more baths for the little guy.
post #3 of 28
This sounds promising. Hopefully you've stumbled onto a solution, even if it does mean bathing him regularly.
post #4 of 28
I hope that whatever you did do, worked! Poor Claw...is he still having fur issues?
post #5 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess15 View Post
I hope that whatever you did do, worked! Poor Claw...is he still having fur issues?
Yes, and I've tried EVERYTHING under the sun to get them to stop.

If I have to give him a regular bath then so be it. I'm okay with that.
post #6 of 28
Hey if it works, great, right? I can just forsee the other two troublemakers picking on his as he gets a bath & they don't.
post #7 of 28
Oh that good news Heather..any fur chunks yet??
post #8 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Oh that good news Heather..any fur chunks yet??
24 hours later, and no fur chunks.

Can you tell I'm excited?
post #9 of 28
WOO HOO!!! Hopefully there will be no fur chuncks.
post #10 of 28
That is great - it broke my heart when you described his problems. I'm really hoping you've found a solution.
post #11 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
That is great - it broke my heart when you described his problems. I'm really hoping you've found a solution.


I hope I have as well. He seems better in a way. For instance he's been running around the apartment with the other two, and he's never quite had the energy for that before.

I really hope this is it. It's gotten my hopes up.
post #12 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
I gave the boys a bath last night.
Cats or real boys?
post #13 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arie85 View Post
Cats or real boys?
I call my fur crew the boys.

I've been stopped before and asked how my son was doing, and after giving a very bewildered look, I realized the person thought I had a child. They are like having furry toddlers.
post #14 of 28
Wow, that is fantastic!!!!!
post #15 of 28
Thread Starter 
Still no fur chunks... I'm a happy camper. This has been the longest with out any pulling.
post #16 of 28
Wow, that is great. If this works then how often do you think you will have to bathe him?
post #17 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
Still no fur chunks... I'm a happy camper. This has been the longest with out any pulling.
My gosh - a bath. That SIMPLE???

Who'd a thunk it?

Many no-more-fur-pulling vibes for the good Dr. Claw!!!
post #18 of 28
Goodness, HEather! I hope this is your solution. What a relief that would be.
post #19 of 28
I wonder if it was soothing for him, or if he just likes the way his fur smells so doesn't want to pull it all out??? Maybe you can try the medicatd shampoos that are supposed to help with irritated skin as well, that may be even more soothing.
post #20 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adymarie View Post
Wow, that is great. If this works then how often do you think you will have to bathe him?
I'll give him a bath once a week if he needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
My gosh - a bath. That SIMPLE???

Who'd a thunk it?

Many no-more-fur-pulling vibes for the good Dr. Claw!!!
I think my vet and I were over thinking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel47 View Post
Goodness, HEather! I hope this is your solution. What a relief that would be.
You have no idea. I was starting to think that he'd be bald forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
I wonder if it was soothing for him, or if he just likes the way his fur smells so doesn't want to pull it all out??? Maybe you can try the medicatd shampoos that are supposed to help with irritated skin as well, that may be even more soothing.
I don't really care either way, all I know is it's been around 30 hours and I haven't found any fur chunks around.
post #21 of 28
YIIIIPPPPPYYYYY ...NO fur chunks
post #22 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
YIIIIPPPPPYYYYY ...NO fur chunks
It's the highlight of my day so far.
post #23 of 28
Thread Starter 
NO FUR CHUNKS!

DH and I are dancing and singing about this one!

I think it worked, but we are going to have to give him a weekly bath.
post #24 of 28
Glad to hear he isn't pulling his fur out anymore. BTW how did they strike back? I think your thread got lost when the site when down for a bit.
post #25 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo View Post
Glad to hear he isn't pulling his fur out anymore. BTW how did they strike back? I think your thread got lost when the site when down for a bit.
Still no chunks... I am beyond happy. This also took the redness away on his belly. I'm going to have to investigate the ingredients of this soap a little further.
post #26 of 28
Lots of good news!! He must be so much more comfortable, too, poor sweetie.
post #27 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel47 View Post
Lots of good news!! He must be so much more comfortable, too, poor sweetie.
Don't worry, he's getting chin scratches and hugs from every one at TCS that's been pulling for him.
post #28 of 28
This is so fantastic - whatever was in that soap seems to have taken away his irritation. I'm so happy you may have a solution.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Well.... this is intresting....