Swimsuit Shopping

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone else dreading it?

I'm lucky enough to not have to get a new one this year- I got a new one from Victorias Secret last year at the end of the year on extreme clearence that actually fits. BUT... I think swimsuits are the devil. I'd rather wear a paper bag than strut around in what covers just as much as my bra and underwear.... ugh! And of course the models look amazing in them, but then when you try them on, its complete depression - for me anyways

What kind do you wear? I'm thinking about getting a tankini this summer- I think they are cute and cover a little bit more than an average bikini does. Blech, I hate summertime

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
luckily I don't have a pool.

Last year I went swimming only once. So I don't buy a new bathing suit every year. Mine is at least 4 years old. It's just a very boring black bathing suit.

If I went swimming a lot, I'd go out and buy myself a two piece bathing suit. But I'd have to buy the ones where you buy the two pieces separately (which are usually pretty expensive), and even then, I doubt I could find a top that fit. It seems that most bikinis are made for women with small breasts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

luckily I don't have a pool.

Last year I went swimming only once. So I don't buy a new bathing suit every year. Mine is at least 4 years old. It's just a very boring black bathing suit.

If I went swimming a lot, I'd go out and buy myself a two piece bathing suit. But I'd have to buy the ones where you buy the two pieces separately (which are usually pretty expensive), and even then, I doubt I could find a top that fit. It seems that most bikinis are made for women with small breasts.
We don't have a pool either- but we are always gonig on the river on the boat here at our home, or when we go camping with my family we are on the boat- skiing, kneeboarding, ect- but then I don't mind wearing one around my family, but here around all the skinny girls that look good in them, drive me nuts, I envy them

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not wear a bathing suit.I would scare the neighbors and the kids.I wear a pair of shorts and a T-shirt in our pool.We have a 15 foot one that is 4 foot deep.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been in a bathing suit in 2 years...I wonder if mine still fits. :thinks:

We really haven't been swimming or out that much the past couple of summers. I use to go up north frequently, so I always had one then, but not so much travelling now.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, I think I started this same thread last year

I HATE swimsuit season more than anything..I actually like winter because I know the only people that will see me half nude are those that I want to show my half nude self to

I am dreading it too

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

What kind do you wear? I'm thinking about getting a tankini this summer- I think they are cute and cover a little bit more than an average bikini does. Blech, I hate summertime
I love tankinis! They really combine all the advantages of one-pieces and two-pieces. I got a black one two years ago, and liked it so much that I got a red one last year. They're so much more comfortable (and convenient) than one-pieces, and I can get the tops in "long", which I really need. Land's End usually has them on sale in January, BTW, and sells the tops and bottoms separately.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have stretch marks from the neck down due to weight loss, so there is no way on God's green earth you are getting me in a swimsuit this year. I've told DH that it will work on the bribe system. If he finds something I want, and is willing to give it to me then I'll wear one.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I second the tankinis! I got one a couple of years ago, and I love it. There's no way in a million years I'd wear a bikini, and this way I can feel comfortable while wearing something that comes close to cute.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

...the only people that will see me half nude are those that I want to show my half nude self to.
...And for me, that list includes only the emergency room doctor who's heroically trying to save my life after an accident.

Here's the only swimsuit I'll be wearing:

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got a couple of tankinis, at least I think that's what they are. Problem is....they are 3 or 4 years old, so they're the "low rise" ones. I think I need to buy a new suit this year.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got back from the beach and I wore my tankini. My legs are gross looking...it's time to get back to working out, so I wore a skirt cover-up over my bottom part. I was totally covered up. I don't like wearing swimsuits either. If I had a great body, of course, I would totally buy the sexy ones LOL!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank the lord I can't swim... I HATE swimsuits. So if I go to the beach or something I just wear a shirt and shorts over a bathing suit.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

...And for me, that list includes only the emergency room doctor who's heroically trying to save my life after an accident.

Here's the only swimsuit I'll be wearing:
thats soooo what I need!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Me too..I wish it was still those days
Oh me too- we were on the river today and stopped by to see some people on the beach, and there were some girls that were a size -0 and looked just wonderful in their suits... I was glad I didn't have mine on, I felt like a hog!

I try to avoid wearing swimsuits around peopel that look better than me, all the time

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

You can go swimming with me Kenz! We can both look uncomfortable together!
Sounds good to me!!
I'm home a lot in the summer anyways- camping at Flying Goose, we need to get together!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate swimsuite shopping now. I used to swim competitively (and for fun) so i had a TON (speedo one pieces and also just cute 2 pieces from dpt stores). Now that i've gained weight though- i have absolutely NO desire to get into a swimming suit