Keep my family in your thoughts and prayers...

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the death of my father (he died from a massive stroke) on April 10, it has been a very hard six weeks. My stepmother has been very ill with being in and out of the hospital since last summer. She has very bad digestive problems and hasn't been able to eat solid foods for about a year now. She has to get vitamins and nutrients from a feeding bag. Since my father's death, she has been in the hospital 3 times. This last occurance happened a week ago today; she now has a blood infection. They are treating her for that and yesterday she developed a blood clot with the new iv in her arm.

It's the hardest thing I have had to deal with so far in my life. My father took care of my stepmother, and with his sudden death....my sister, Ashley at 19 is doing a lot of the running around getting things done, especially taking care of my 11 year old sister, Allyson. I do not live close to them, they are about 2 hours away, so I can't go up there every day like I want to.

The reason why I decided to write this is because I basically dropped off of TCS for months...and this is the reason and because being a brand new teacher...I just didn't have any time to be online at all. I know that TCS has brought me support in the past and I hope I get it now. I really need the thoughts, vibes and prayers that you guys have. I am scared of what might happen to my family if something happens to my stepmother.

Thank you for being such good friends

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just lost my own Dad the 9th of this month. I shall pray and send positive vibes to you and your family at this difficult time. *hugs*

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of get well vibes for your Stepmother and and
for all of you.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry that both of you have lost your Dad's.I lost mine to Cancer in 2005.
Many hugs/vibes coming that way for you both.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, Candie, things have really been rough for you. I'm very sorry to hear about your father, and am sending best wishes for your step-mother's recovery.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Saying some prayers for you and your family to help you through this rough time.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Caprice and Arielrain... my heart is with you both. As my own parents age, the thought of losing them becomes harder and harder to contemplate. May you both be renewed and comforted.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, how very hard for you
I am sorry you are going through this. I am sending many prayers for your family. I pray that your stepmother will be alright

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Father.
I'll keep your Stepmother as well as you and the rest of your family in my thoughts and Prayers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Caprice and Arielrain... my heart is with you both. As my own parents age, the thought of losing them becomes harder and harder to contemplate. May you both be renewed and comforted.
Thank you...thank you all. My dad had just turned 55 on April 4. My stepmother is 43. My dad was too young and my stepmother certainly is also to have this many health problems.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Candie, I'm sorry to hear about your father's passing, and your stepmother's health problems. What a load for your family to be carrying -- you are all in my thoughts and prayers.