BRAS!!!! Argh!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So, I ordered 9 bras from VS. Not....one....single.....one.....is right!! The one that is exactly what I thought it would be, the underwire pokes me in the middle!

Seriously!! My size is carried in an entire 2 bras in store, so I have to order online. So, now, here I am....with like 3 old crappy bras! Trying frantically to find the right ones to order! And then I re-measured myself....& I'm a size they don't seem to have any bras in the "new size"!!

Should it really be this hard to find a bra?!?!?!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kinds did you get Natalie? I wear the PINK line - and they all fit wonderfully. I've never had a bra there that poked me with the underwire, or was uncomfortable with the straps falling off. What size are you? I'm a 34B, which is a standard size that they usually carry in all their styles-but that sucks that you couldn't find one online even.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on the verge of trying to MAKE one. Seriously! I'm not much of a seamstress, but I figure I couldn't do any worse.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cant imagine Pennys not having your size... they have a billion sizes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a 36A...at least that's the size I currently wear. I measured myself....& I should be wearing a 37A. Yeah....like they make that! The PINK line doesn't come small enough for me.

So....
I think I'll try ordering some padded or lightly lined(what's the difference???
) demi bras.
I'm not sure what else to try!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'm a 36A...at least that's the size I currently wear. I measured myself....& I should be wearing a 37A. Yeah....like they make that! The PINK line doesn't come small enough for me.

So....
I think I'll try ordering some padded or lightly lined(what's the difference???
) demi bras.
I'm not sure what else to try!
So are they too big/small in the cups or on the straps?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got ones that have no lining & they have little creases in them like the cup was too big. However, the lightly lined one fits perfect in the cup except for the underwire poking me(which might mean I need to adjust it, but I didn't in case I want to return it).
I really wish the stores would carry my size!

The band on the new bras felt tighter, but my old ones are really stretched out. I guess that the band size felt right to me! But, I measured myself & I ended up being a 37? So, maybe I'm measuring wrong?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you get measured in the store? I wonder if they could order some special for you? I looked online and the only size in A that I saw was 32A or 32AA I think it was.... that sucks Natalie!
I love VS bras- when you get them in the right size, you can't even tell your wearing them! I just ordered a wireless one for $18.00 on sale... I hope you can find one SOON!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah. I'm wondering if I should just order like 2-3 full price $30-$40 bras.

I didn't have them fit me in store, but tried on a wireless bra in 36A that fit perfect!! The gal that helped me there told me they all fit the same....now I'm finding out they don't. I think I might as well exchange all the ones I got until I find the *right fit*. The one I tried on in the store was $40. Now I wish I had just gotten two!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd wait til I think its like the 13th of June or something- I think thats when their semi annual sale starts in the stores- unless it already has? I know its online, but I thought the magazine I got today said that the sale didn't start in the stores til then- but then you should be able to get some GREAT deals on the bras. Usually they like 25-50% off!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The gal said mid to the end of June the sale starts in store....but that also means I'd have to pay in gas to drive there.....my order was over $100 so I got free shipping. I dunno....I might just buy a bra or two in ShopKo to get me by & go to the VS store after the sale starts in store.

What man made bra shopping so complicated!?!?

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you tried the miracle bra demi cup? I'm a D cup and have problems finding correctly fitting bras, but I love this particular style. They also have removable pads which help with fitting, especially when one is bigger than the other lol!
I ordered one of the Ipex bras too, and did not like the fit at all. It was the same size as the Miracle bras, but didn't fit well at all. :/

Good luck!

Devlyn

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Miracle Bras....are they all the "add a cup size" ones? I think it'd be pretty weird if my bust changed size from one day to the next!!!

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is my favorite style

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/comm...ZZZ&rfnbr=2979

They don't all add a cup, but with the inserts they help you fill it out better if you need/want it. I also found them more generous in the band, so a 36A might work for you. They also are cheaper than some of their newer styles. I got mine on sale for $15 each.

Devlyn

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
How I HATE wearing a bra! They prod and poke in places where one shouldn't be prodded and poked (unless by an Italian lover!). I used to like underwires, until they kept breaking while wearing them...ouch!

I've recently started wearing these stretchy, kinda of sueded spandex (?) seamless sports bras (I think Hanes or Fruit of the Loom brand) that WalMart carries--$4.95 each; most are flesh-tone; others (which I seem to need a size up with, as they're not quite as stretchy) come in fuschia and turquoise (with an Asian-looking floral design over the left side--they quite pretty). They are the most comfortable bra I've ever worn--I have sensitive skin, and lace, elastic, etc. drive me nuts. And the straps don't slip (mine always did--I HATE that). The downside: I now have the bustline of a 13-year-old, which actually does make me look a bit younger in shape--I'm a little large than average, and the heavier bras made me look a bit matronly or even a tad vulgar--but I miss having the "shelf"!
Another downside, discovered yesterday: the front is 1-piece, not separated into cups. In hot weather, or while being active, I tended to sweat a bit there. Also, wearing clingy, thin shirts can be a problem--especially if you get cold (ladies, use your imagination here!). However, despite the draw-backs, I plan to keep wearing them. They are soft and comfortable, wash well, and you can't beat the price.

I knwo how frustrating bra-buying can be; before I lost weight, I was a weird, larger size, and had so much trouble finding the size; usually, when found, I hated the style! Best of luck!

MargeCat

MargeCat

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaaah yes Bra shopping...

Its not so bad for me..but the way you describe it, it seems to match my swimsuit shopping.. I can never find a swimsuit

Bras are easy for me luckily, I am probably the most average size, so there are bras everywhere for me

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the one I bought from Lane Bryant (in the same size as the one that fits me from VS) was WAAAAY too small. So it's going back, at my expense.
I'll try an exchange, but if the next size up doesn't fit me, they're out of the running.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Aaaah yes Bra shopping...

Its not so bad for me..but the way you describe it, it seems to match my swimsuit shopping.. I can never find a swimsuit

Bras are easy for me luckily, I am probably the most average size, so there are bras everywhere for me
OMG I HATE swimsuit shopping, thats the worst!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

What man made bra shopping so complicated!?!?
don't ya mean, what man MADE bras?
I swear it had to have been a man who made them, as they are one of the most aggrivating things in the World.