Moogy's haicut

estelle58

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today was Moogy's appointment at the groomer for her annual lion haircut... she's still a bit grumpy tonight but I can already see the effects on her behavior... she wants to be petted more because she can feel our hands caressing her skin and she loves it... and it gives her more stamina... she already tried to climb the bookcase twice in the last ten minutes...
I fear to see what she will try tomorrow...

by the way, she still has her tail... it's just hidden under her...
I guess she didn't want to show you her tiny little tail with a big poof of fuzz at the end...

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My SIL has a Persian and he thinks he looks like a hunk when he gets his done, she gets him done about 3 or 4 times a Year Lion cut to, they look so small with no hair

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

estelle58

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do it just once a year because in Canada the winters are too cold to do it more often... last year was the first time I did it and I recommend that you find a good groomer if you're thinking of having it done to your cat... there could be a lot of benefit to do it but you have to make sure that it's done by a professional, especially if your cat is older like mine...

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww bless little Moogy - she certainly did have the grumps with you
how she doing today - any chance of some more photos
I'd love to see her face in all its fluffy glory

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Simon is due for his haircut next week. I really feel it puts a spring in his step, he walks all over us and enjoys our hands rubbing him too.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my heavens that's too cute! Does she get shy around strangers after her haircut?

estelle58

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Oh my heavens that's too cute! Does she get shy around strangers after her haircut?
she's always shy around strangers... she's been like that all her life... it's part of her purrsonnality...

estelle58

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

awww bless little Moogy - she certainly did have the grumps with you
how she doing today - any chance of some more photos
I'd love to see her face in all its fluffy glory
She's doing fine...
and she's very active... running and climbing everywhere
seeing her "naked" made me realize that she had put on a little weight... it's a good thing because last year I thought she was a little too skinny...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww...I love how they look with a lion cut!

I have to take Ferris in for his very first very soon.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Question for you longhair owners. If you are shaving the cats in the summer because of heat or cause of grooming (tangles/knots)...then WHY did you choose a longhair breed if you didn't want the grooming to go with it? Just curious

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shave because my NFC is older and doesn't groom herself like she used to.
She's never tolerated being groomed by us, so every late spring, early summer she gets a shave, but not really a lion gut, just her body.

And I never choose longhairs, in fact, I have never wanted a longhair kitty, I think they are very striking, but have never really been for me.
Spaz was a special case that I never actually had planned on keeping, but she chose me.
Same with Ivory, we were her chosen people.

Moogy looks so cute with her summer 'do', I bet she feels great now too.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Question for you longhair owners. If you are shaving the cats in the summer because of heat or cause of grooming (tangles/knots)...then WHY did you choose a longhair breed if you didn't want the grooming to go with it? Just curious
It's not always a question of not wanting to help with the grooming, sometimes it's not being allowed to help
My DH's childhood pet is a very long haired Maine coon that simply will not allow anyone to groom her tummy. She's now at least 12 (maybe as old as 16) and cannot groom herself there anymore, so part of her regular vet visit during the summer is a tummy clipping
Anyway, she chose us, we weren't going to turn her away because of her hair

estelle58

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Like some of you said having them trimmed is not always by choice but sometimes we have to do it for the comfort of our beloved babies... and Moogy's beautiful fur will be all back next autumn so she will be quite comfy next winter...