Baby names, so funny

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, we're getting nowhere.

We were laughing at the names on a website, and jokingly saying we should name the kid something starting with Oct since it'll be an October. So DH suggested Octopus. Try saying it out loud with your last name, then imagine being a playground and calling out to little Octopus. It had us in fits of giggles...

Then we were looking at the top names from 1880, and DH decided we should call the kid Frank, then if we had another boy to call him Ernest. So we could have 2 boys - Frank and Ernest.

We were rolling around laughing and crying...

This name choosing thing is just too funny.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It can be pretty funny for sure..

The way my sister picked my neice's name is she wanted it to mean "Peace" in some way or "peaceful". So I just searched in a baby name database for names meaning that. Thats how we got my neice's name.

There are some doozies out there though
Especially Octopus

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bf and I were looking at names (no, we're not pregnant!) for fun, and we were in stitches too. He's greek and some of those names......Hippolytusr? Khrystiyanr? I mean, do they just throw some syllables together, add an r at the end and then call it greek???? And don't even get me started on Halirrhothius...

Actually, Octopus goes nicely with bf's greek last name! LOL I'll have to suggest it.....

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/

Have you seen this website? I also lurk at www.etiquettehell.com and they have had an interesting thread on names. Apparently out there may be kids named Sh!thead (Sha-theed) and Assh0le (Ash-o-lee).
I've posted this before, but when I was teaching (in an low socio-economic area) preschoolers with language delays, in our class was a four year-old whose brother was soon turning three and would be in the program. The little one's legal first name was Poo-Poo Head. What do you call a kid with that name? PP? PP Head? All are bad.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good heavens. What you do for a kid like that is call Child Protective Services and find him some better parents.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When DH and I were talking about having a baby (before I found out about my medical condition) he wanted to name our son Pipkin Wolfgang. It was the best birth control I ever had.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

When DH and I were talking about having a baby (before I found out about my medical condition) he wanted to name our son Pipkin Wolfgang. It was the best birth control I ever had.
So Bit got Wolfgang instead
Oh well, everyone wins!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I seriously considered naming Mojo Shi-Thead. It would fit.

I got a couple of baby name books when I was writing a lot to help me with names for characters. OMG some of those names!

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/

Have you seen this website? I also lurk at www.etiquettehell.com and they have had an interesting thread on names. Apparently out there may be kids named Sh!thead (Sha-theed) and Assh0le (Ash-o-lee).
That is a FANTASTIC website! I can't believe the names that are being used now. I recently learned that the name Nevaeh has become popular over the last few years...it's Heaven backward.

http://babyparenting.about.com/od/ge...y/a/nevaeh.htm

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BEWARE of choosing baby names! Your kid has to live with your choice

Seriously, there was a mean man who named his 2 daughters Ima and Ura.....not bad till you find out the the family's last name was Pigg! I understand the girls did legally change their names after 18. The father apparently was dissapointed that he had girls - so this was his "revenge".

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

BEWARE of choosing baby names! Your kid has to live with your choice

Seriously, there was a mean man who named his 2 daughters Ima and Ura.....not bad till you find out the the family's last name was Pigg! I understand the girls did legally change their names after 18. The father apparently was dissapointed that he had girls - so this was his "revenge".
There was actually a Texas socialite with the name Ima Hogg. No, no sister named Ura. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ima_Hogg

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to love looking through the name books. I wanted something that wasn't too weird and DH wanted something that wasn't too easy to be teased with. Example - I loved the name Duncan, but he thought the kid would be called Doughnut for the dunkin doughnut chain.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my...and I thought Hope was bad when I was growing up. Yes, I also answer to Faith and Charity
. Some of those names are stupid! The one thing I hated about growing up with the name Hope is I could never get those cool magnets or keychains with my name on them. There were times I just wished I was named Mary or Jane.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J wants to name our future children Scrotor and Testecles (Tess-tuh-klees). Fortunately, I have veto rights.