Note to self: When handling Jalapenos...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...do not lick fingers!!!!!

I made Quesadillas for dinner and I wanted to put some sliced jalapeños in them and without thinking I licked the juice off my fingers after I finished putting them on! (The canned type) I also put tomatoes in them and in the end, after my tongue stopped burning!, they were real good!

DH didn't quite think so though....I made my red head turn allll red!
Guess I'll have to leave them off of his next time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Guess I better make sure I wash my hands several times before I take my contacs out too! Ya'll will have me back here cryin!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i thought you were going to say you rubbed your eyes after handling them. ouch! that'd hurt!!!
has the hotness worn off yet??? next time, wear gloves when cutting peppers!! it works well and keeps the juice off your hands/from absorbing into your skin (sometimes you cant wash it all off at once and it can still irritate your eyes if you rub them/ etc)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

i thought you were going to say you rubbed your eyes after handling them. ouch! that'd hurt!!!
has the hotness worn off yet??? next time, wear gloves when cutting peppers!! it works well and keeps the juice off your hands/from absorbing into your skin (sometimes you cant wash it all off at once and it can still irritate your eyes if you rub them/ etc)
I thought you were gonna say you rubbed your eyes too!

That would H-U-R-T!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ummmmmm another NO NO is going to the potty after handling them.It hurts like you know what--you know where.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

ummmmmm another NO NO is going to the potty after handling them.It hurts like you know what--you know where.
OUCH
That would hurt

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Oh no!!
that's what i was thinking!!! omg! i think i would be screaming and crying at the same time if that ever happened to me

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yikes! Someone I know had a bet with some friends to eat jalapenos. The other people couldn't handle eating them so they bowed out. He thought he would be smart and eat them whole. Little did he know that something else would be burning the next time he went to the toilet!

I am glad that it was just your mouth and not anything else!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Yikes! Someone I know had a bet with some friends to eat jalapenos. The other people couldn't handle eating them so they bowed out. He thought he would be smart and eat them whole. Little did he know that something else would be burning the next time he went to the toilet!

I am glad that it was just your mouth and not anything else!
Actually my stomach didn't so much care for them either so something else did burn.
I was wishing for a squirt bottle filled with some ice water!

But they tasted so good!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

My worst experience was with habaneros. HOLY COW, those things are brutal!

The jalapenos here in Canada are very mild, like sweet peppers.
One of the ladies at my church grows lots of veggies and things. (Her husband works in a nursery and they have their own greenhouse too.) Last year they grew whatever peppers are considered second to haberneros and they were so bad she pretty much burnt her hand when she got juice on it! I don't know how they ever ate those things!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember making salsa one year and chopped lots of jalepeno's. My hand "burned" terribly!! I called nurse direct and asked for advise and they didn't have any. I used milk, ice nothing helped. The nurses said its actually a chemical burn on my hands-yikes!! I use gloved now but one of my SIL's suggested using hemmoroid ointment (haven't tried it though).