Celebrities in jail--is it the new "in"?!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw that Lindsay Lohan has had her 3rd car accident in two years and they believe she was drunk (or atleast under the influence). And this morning, on the Today show, they said she is about to celebrate her 21st birthday with a huge party, sponsored by a Vodka label?! Didn't she just come out of rehab?
What is going on?! Great role models, eh?!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bigger the village, the more idiots. There are SO many celebrities nowadays. Some of them are complete morons, with no concern for their own safety or the safety of others. They inevitably get a lot of press coverage. It's just sad and pathetic. She needs to get her life together and get her priorities straight. Even Jane Fonda yelled at her!

I don't know about role model, though. I think parents should explain to their kids what a real role model is and help them learn to choose what behaviours/accomplishments really define success to them. It's a good conversation to have with any kid, so you can see where his/her morals and priorities lie. And also, point out to your daughters that these people are acting like idiots, no need to mince words.

Giving your daughter a general threat about what her father might do if there ever happened to be pictures of her getting out of a car sans underwear probably couldn't hurt, either.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Full agreement here. Our society pays far more attention to airheaded little bimbos (and the male equivalents thereof) than to great humanitarians, brilliant authors, lifesaving research scientists, etc. How are kids to understand what's of real value and what isn't? As far as they can tell, it's all about fame and money -- which are to be acquired at all costs, without regard to personal integrity, dignity, or responsibility.

I'm not even a parent -- just an aunt -- but I get righteously livid about this on a daily basis.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

The bigger the village, the more idiots. There are SO many celebrities nowadays. Some of them are complete morons, with no concern for their own safety or the safety of others. They inevitably get a lot of press coverage. It's just sad and pathetic. She needs to get her life together and get her priorities straight. Even Jane Fonda yelled at her!

I don't know about role model, though. I think parents should explain to their kids what a real role model is and help them learn to choose what behaviours/accomplishments really define success to them. It's a good conversation to have with any kid, so you can see where his/her morals and priorities lie. And also, point out to your daughters that these people are acting like idiots, no need to mince words.

Giving your daughter a general threat about what her father might do if there ever happened to be pictures of her getting out of a car sans underwear probably couldn't hurt, either.
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Full agreement here. Our society pays far more attention to airheaded little bimbos (and the male equivalents thereof) than to great humanitarians, brilliant authors, lifesaving research scientists, etc. How are kids to understand what's of real value and what isn't? As far as they can tell, it's all about fame and money -- which are to be acquired at all costs, without regard to personal integrity, dignity, or responsibility.

I'm not even a parent -- just an aunt -- but I get righteously livid about this on a daily basis.
You both have said it very well! And I'm just an Aunt at this point too.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Very well said!!