My new Kitty is driving me nuts: meow meow meow!

berries781

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i am so not used to a talkative cat. harry hardly says a word. ellie will not shut up!! and it's just the same meow over and over and over...such a whiny sound. i can't take it!!!!

i really do love her, but she's driving me crazy!!

pui hang

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cindy gets chatty when she is wanting attention. Have you tried playing with her when she starts meowing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

berries781

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pui Hang

Cindy gets chatty when she is wanting attention. Have you tried playing with her when she starts meowing?
yeah, we did for a bit and she stopped...for a bit. i tried picking her up and she stopped then too but then she didn't want to stay put. so i put her down and then she started meowing again!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will take her time to adjust to being in new surroundings and away from mum/siblings.

Also some cats are just talkers, one of ours can get extremely loud.

tru87

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well my female cat is like that, usually that means she wants to play and sometimes when i'm pressing a deadline - not sure I really have time to play lol

asteff2001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can totally relate. My 2 yo cat Cleo is super quiet unless she's being "tortured" (i.e. going to the vet), but my 8 month old kitten Leo is very talkative. Most of the time he's not even meowing, he's just making a high pitched whiney sound. I joke with him and tell him that his "whining" is the reason why his older sister Cleo beats him up! Usually if I give him a treat or a little bit of cat milk in a bowl he's fine.