No room anywhere!!

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am from the Greater Cleveland area, and I know of 4- 8 week old kittens in desperate need of a foster home. I took 2 of the litter of 6 and nursed them back to health. The other 4 seemed strong but now are not doing as well.
I called several humane society's but everyone is full...its kitten season.
I have six cats now and cannot take anymore (my husband put his foot down)
they were all rescue cats. I am a sucker!!! each one came with eye problems and upper respitory problems..my vet even yelled at me!! NO MORE!!
Maybe if anyone knows of someone in my area..let me know! There living conditions are not good. They are not being feed properly and not getting antibiotics on a regular basis. They are in a city kennal, which is suppose to be temporary....the animal warden is not the greatest.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Laurie314

I am from the Greater Cleveland area, and I know of 4- 8 week old kittens in desperate need of a foster home. I took 2 of the litter of 6 and nursed them back to health. The other 4 seemed strong but now are not doing as well.
I called several humane society's but everyone is full...its kitten season.
I have six cats now and cannot take anymore (my husband put his foot down)
they were all rescue cats. I am a sucker!!! each one came with eye problems and upper respitory problems..my vet even yelled at me!! NO MORE!!
Maybe if anyone knows of someone in my area..let me know! There living conditions are not good. They are not being feed properly and not getting antibiotics on a regular basis. They are in a city kennal, which is suppose to be temporary....the animal warden is not the greatest.
Yup...things are already bad and they are only going to get worse as the kitten season continues.

Katie

auntsewissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wish I could help you. If you can get to central VA, I might be able to help. The rescue I work with is Cat's Cradle of Va. I've got Clavamox, and eye gell (teramyacin?), and albon, b/c we're having the same problem. Currently have 70 cats in our rescue. Most from euthanasia rooms, Ferrel mothers from our TNR program, and 30 kittens from a hoarder's home. I have 5 foster babies now (one an adult). If VA. is a possibility, let me know

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thankyou...but with these gas prices....I am begging and pleading with everybody I come in contact with.. stores etc...in hopes someone will have a kind heart. Right now the animal warden went away for a few days and my son is filling in for him...he cleaned the cage and cleaned the kitties up. He gave them fresh food and water and clean blankets to lay on. He also is giving them the antibiotic and eye drops. He can't take them either he already has two..he lives in an apartment. I hopefully will find somebody soon.
This breaks my heart!! So unfair!!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AuntSewissa

Wish I could help you. If you can get to central VA, I might be able to help. The rescue I work with is Cat's Cradle of Va. I've got Clavamox, and eye gell (teramyacin?), and albon, b/c we're having the same problem. Currently have 70 cats in our rescue. Most from euthanasia rooms, Ferrel mothers from our TNR program, and 30 kittens from a hoarder's home. I have 5 foster babies now (one an adult). If VA. is a possibility, let me know
I check the cats cradle website every week to see who has been adopted. Do you know why they discontinued posting the # of cats fixed per month? It only goes through 2006.

We have over 100 cats/kittens between our ranch and foster homes. Most of the kittens aren't ready yet...but come next month, there will be a sudden explosion of available kittens.

I still strongly believe that we must put TNR and spaying/neutering of outdoor cats (owned and unowned) as a top priority or we will never get ahead of kitten season.

Katie

auntsewissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

I check the cats cradle website every week to see who has been adopted. Do you know why they discontinued posting the # of cats fixed per month? It only goes through 2006.

We have over 100 cats/kittens between our ranch and foster homes. Most of the kittens aren't ready yet...but come next month, there will be a sudden explosion of available kittens.

I still strongly believe that we must put TNR and spaying/neutering of outdoor cats (owned and unowned) as a top priority or we will never get ahead of kitten season.

Katie
Katie, I absolutely agree with you and the TNR priority! As we speak, 2 Cat's Cradle (CC) volunteers are trapping today. They expect to get 9. In fact, 2 of the kittens I have now are from a mother that was TNR, and we took the litter for adoption. At that TNR they must have gotten 20 adults and the owner of the property has been more then willing to feed, since he knows the population is under control.

As for the number of spays on the website, I'm not real sure. I thought it was done by the year, and with 2007 not through yet, that might be why. OR, b/c their so busy with the 70+ cats in CC's foster care, they've only had time to update adoptions.

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In the state of Ohio, they are trying to pass a law that all animals(unless u have a liscense to be a breeder) have to be spayed or neutered. I think that the law should pass...The number of strays is terrible and more horrible that people get these animals and let them reproduce and just kick the animals out once they had enough. To many kittens with out homes!!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Laurie314

In the state of Ohio, they are trying to pass a law that all animals(unless u have a liscense to be a breeder) have to be spayed or neutered. I think that the law should pass...The number of strays is terrible and more horrible that people get these animals and let them reproduce and just kick the animals out once they had enough. To many kittens with out homes!!
I'm not a huge fan of legislation that may negatively impact unowned cats. Whose going to take responsibility to get them fixed?? Is the state going to provide no cost options for TNR??

Katie

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Katie, I absolutely agree with you and the TNR priority! As we speak, 2 Cat's Cradle (CC) volunteers are trapping today. They expect to get 9. In fact, 2 of the kittens I have now are from a mother that was TNR, and we took the litter for adoption. At that TNR they must have gotten 20 adults and the owner of the property has been more then willing to feed, since he knows the population is under control.

As for the number of spays on the website, I'm not real sure. I thought it was done by the year, and with 2007 not through yet, that might be why. OR, b/c their so busy with the 70+ cats in CC's foster care, they've only had time to update adoptions.
They used to post the numbers quarterly. It wasn't a big deal...just a question. I know Teresa very well. She used to bring cats to the ACA feral cat clinic before it changed to Fairfax County only.

Katie

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tommorow call the local vets office, ask the girls if they know of anyone who takes in small kittens. Many vets carry a list of people they can call when someone dumps kittens on them

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Owners have to be made resposible for there pets....I believe owned pets should be fixed.....thats a start. Maybe that would cut down on the homeless
animals that are abandoned when neglectful owners let them reproduce.
When a person makes a decision to get a pet..they have to realize the commitment they have to make. They are all cute and cuddly when there babies and then when they grow up..they are tossed out like thet trash.
Its a shame but this is what happens...so nip it in the bud!!!

auntsewissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

They used to post the numbers quarterly. It wasn't a big deal...just a question. I know Teresa very well. She used to bring cats to the ACA feral cat clinic before it changed to Fairfax County only.

Katie
I haven't met Teresa yet, but you've heard all wonderful things about her! Do you know Betsy? She's the one that takes our kitties up to Crystal City PetSmart for weekend adoptions. She's very sweet about working with Ricky's Rescue and if we have open slots at Harrisonburg's spay clinic, Betsy will bring them back with her Sunday night for spay, and Ricky's picks them up Monday. Thought that was a nice use of resources and cooperation.

If you ever have a change to get to that Petsmart on the weekend you should stop by and say "Hey".

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I haven't met Teresa yet, but you've heard all wonderful things about her! Do you know Betsy? She's the one that takes our kitties up to Crystal City PetSmart for weekend adoptions. She's very sweet about working with Ricky's Rescue and if we have open slots at Harrisonburg's spay clinic, Betsy will bring them back with her Sunday night for spay, and Ricky's picks them up Monday. Thought that was a nice use of resources and cooperation.

If you ever have a change to get to that Petsmart on the weekend you should stop by and say "Hey".
I think I met Betsy once...my parents live by the Chrystal City PetSmart. I'm usually volunteering with Lost Dog and Cat Rescue on Fridays and Saturdays and Sundays I'm either 1. doing my normal chores or 2. participating in the ACA feral cat clinic.

I don't know a Ricky's Rescue...I know of Rikkis Refuge in Orange County...but I think we are getting slightly off topic with these posts...would love to talk either via PM or email.

Katie