One of my crochet projects**Blanket pics

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been working on this one for the past 3 weeks or so. Its light country blue, dark country blue, autumn red (looks maroon) stripped afghan. On the light blue corners I put autumn red tassels (1 each corner) and on the autumn red side 2 dark country blue tassels. Size is about a twin size, may be a little smaller. I used my son's bed to gage the size when I was done. I just need to wash it to get it nice and soft and cut any tails from the joining of colors. Anyways I hope ya'll enjoy.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is pretty!!! Here's a hint for the little tails, use your crotchet needle and pull the tails through the loops.Kind of crotchet it back through the blanket if that makes sense.It makes it look nice and there are no tails to worry about.
I'll have to take a pic of my kind sized blanket that I'm working on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually do that but sometimes I am in a mood and I just tie the joins in a knot. And usually those are blankets for the kids and such.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tie mine too.But, I have found that if I hide the knots, then the kids can't pull on them--or snag them.
I have been working on this blanket for a few months now.
I have made a few others also.Like baby blankets and ones for twin sized beds.This is the first time I've done one this big.I have mauve,cream,dark green, brown,dark blue and then a mix-up color.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like that one. Here is a huge one that was given to me I did not make this one. Its at least a king size if not bigger. My bed is a queen and this ghan swallows it:

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I knew how to make afgans!!! I love them.But, I have to settle with doing my simple stitches for now.
I also knit, but I don't like it as much.
(My passion is sewing and quilting blankets)

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have been crocheting for just over a year now and have not really moved rather that the simple stitch (singles, doubles, half doubles and triples). I have only made a few things using a pattern. I am not good at that really. Those are what I need to practice. Here is one of the few things I made following a pattern that came out right (for the most part one point is to long). Its a round ghan.

And this one I made my niece (one of my first ghans)

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What wonderful work you're all doing! I wish I could take it up again, because I think I'm... well, I hate to use the word "old," but if the shoe fits... OLD enough now to have the patience to do a whole afghan!
But the moment I start to work with any kind of yarn or thread, I suddenly have five cats climbing all over me...

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ping gets that way sometimes. I notice he is like that early in the morning if I try to work a little before my youngest gets up or if he is bored and wants to play.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice job!!! I don't crochet but I like to knit. I knit a lot of stuff. Next I would like to learn to do quilting. I think that would be fun!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

What wonderful work you're all doing! I wish I could take it up again, because I think I'm... well, I hate to use the word "old," but if the shoe fits... OLD enough now to have the patience to do a whole afghan!
But the moment I start to work with any kind of yarn or thread, I suddenly have five cats climbing all over me...
I find doing blankets makes my hands ache now, so I do smaller things.