The Queen of Yard Sales Strikes again!!!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a yard sale after work today. They had a 100cc dirt bike for $100. I got to talking to the guy and he said if I could fix his computer I could have it for $20.... So...... we have a dirt bike!
It's a 2004 and only needs a spark plug and carb cleaner! My 9yr old doesn't know yet. It's a suprise

Pictures to come tonight.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow thats a steal of a deal! Pretty much the same price as a three month membership here
Good deal Alycia!!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is going to love it! It's Justice who is 9, right? I'll bet he flips out. If you have a videocamera, tape it in case he has a huge reaction. Maybe you can send the tape into America's Funniest Home Videos!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woo! Your gonna have one happy little boy there!

And I need to steal you and take you with me to these yard sales around here! I'm in need of a very small desk....just big enough for my computer and I don't want to pay much!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hhe great someone is in for alot of fun

i wanted my first bike at 12 but mom said when i got a job i could buy one.
took 4 months cutting grass and other stuff to come pusing home my first used dirt bike(mom would not let me ride it until i was 14 talk about fights around the house)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

He is going to love it! It's Justice who is 9, right? I'll bet he flips out. If you have a videocamera, tape it in case he has a huge reaction. Maybe you can send the tape into America's Funniest Home Videos!
Justice did FLIP! He almost started crying

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Woo! Your gonna have one happy little boy there!

And I need to steal you and take you with me to these yard sales around here! I'm in need of a very small desk....just big enough for my computer and I don't want to pay much!
Sure! I love yard sales!

I didn't get any pic of Justice on it because it was dark when he came home and we're still tweaking it to make sure it's safe. Plus, he's never rode one before so we have to teach him

But he's pics of Dh and the neighbor working on it and testing it out

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You hubby looks so cute on that little bike! I bet Justice will be up at dawn ready to try it out.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

You hubby looks so cute on that little bike! I bet Justice will be up at dawn ready to try it out.
He prolly will be
I told him he had to ride w/DH the first couple times to get used to it

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woman, I gotta go yardsalein' too. I am in need of some end tables, and some other homely stuff.
I'm jealous of your dirtbike thing. It looks like fun. I see some Leah ridin' that thing in the future. lol, I just gotta talk to Justice and see if that's ok first.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah

Woman, I gotta go yardsalein' too. I am in need of some end tables, and some other homely stuff.
I'm jealous of your dirtbike thing. It looks like fun. I see some Leah ridin' that thing in the future. lol, I just gotta talk to Justice and see if that's ok first.
c'mon over! We'll go yard saling and dirt bike ridin!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saved big time on the bike! Left you some cash to get him a proper helmet and pads!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with finding the helmets cheap Alycia.We paid $70 for each of the kids helmets.But, they weren't used.So, you may be able to find them cheaper--if you buy used.
My kids NEVER get on the 4 wheelers without having on thier helmets.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Good luck with finding the helmets cheap Alycia.We paid $70 for each of the kids helmets.But, they weren't used.So, you may be able to find them cheaper--if you buy used.
My kids NEVER get on the 4 wheelers without having on thier helmets.
Well, everywhere was closed today so it will have to wait until tomorrow or tuesday.

We are looking at another one we found in a yard sale today. It's a 125cc Suzuki but it needs a couple parts. They was $35 for it. Im going to price the parts tomorrow