I Cried Today in Napoleon's garden

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today at last I had time to work on the memorial garden I am making for Napoleon. It is in a corner and will be just to the right as one walks in the front gate. It is all dug over, and a line of stepping stones go from the edge in a curve that ends in front of his marker stone. All the plants will be white-flowering, but so far I have only put a Philadelphus against the back hedge. I thought white iris, hellebores, lily of the valley and peonies would be good, with white iberis growing over the rockery that will define the edge of the garden. Up the wall that is at right angles to the hedge at the back I will put some climbers, maybe a white rose with either white wistaria or clematis. But it was hard, working there, I have been putting it off because I knew how it would be. I was clipping the hedge and I just broke down. And now I am starting again. But I must do it for him.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that sounds beautiful! I sort of started a garden where Glory, and now Tiger are buried, but never got it finished yet. It was difficult. But sometimes, it's the most peaceful place there too. I hope when you get it done it will be that for you!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Jenny so many things to bring back the memories, I'm sorry that you are feeling Sad. It brakes my Heart to know anyone is feeling that way. I have been down that road so many times and it never gets any better and that pain really never does leave. I'm sure that Garden will be Lovely when it's done

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry it was hard for you, but it is going to be beautiful. The plants you have chosen means there will be something in flower all year. It is a lovely way to remember your wonderful boy

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The pain does manage to become rather acute again at times, doesn't it? A special memorial garden is a wonderful idea, though.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a wonderful tribute to Napoleon. Hugs from me to you to help you not feel so sad. Napoleon is still with you in your heart.

The only thing I would say is be careful of the Lily of the Valley. I have some in my garden and it spreads like the dickens and is hard to keep tamed.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't think of anything more lovely to do for your Napoleon... and the all-white theme will be cool and soothing all year 'round. What a wonderful idea!

And I'll bet Napoleon is right beside you, keeping you company as you work.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny, what a lovely memorial for your sweet boy. I hope when it's done, it will be a place of peace for you.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The garden will be beautiful I'm sure. It's such a touching tribute to your special boy

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this will be beautiful. i'm sorry you are feeling sad but this is such a nice way to remember your boy.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

But sometimes, it's the most peaceful place there too
I believe this is what it will be. It will be such a beautiful peaceful place for you. Sure you may cry, but thats not a bad thing and over time I think you will come to find such peace in Naploeon's garden.
No doubt its going to be a tough road getting it finished but oh what a wonderful thing your doing. You have such a beautiful heart

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all understand how you're feeling Jenny. Great tribute to your beautiful boy, and like Anne said, you will have several seasons of bloom.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's going to be wonderful. And part of the reason we feel driven to make memorials for our loved ones is that it helps us to grieve, and then in time when the pain is less acute, it helps us to remember with love.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He will love it, and come and visit it often.

I know that you miss him so much it hurts, and that there are days where it seems like it won't end. Just know that we are here for you to help you through this time.

and
to you.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It will be a beautiful tribute to him and your tears are helping you heal.

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jenny, I would love to see photos of this garden when it is complete. We all share in your sorrow and have lost precious fur babies ourselves. You are not alone hun.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your garden sounds like it will be absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful memorial.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like a perfect lovely tribute to your boy. I know how hard it is to be there but you will be so pleased when its finished.

Hugs