Trying not to freak out

crazykitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten, Sally is missing. I haven't seen her for about an hour.
I'm sure she just found a place to sleep, but I'm starting to get worried. I didn't have the door open, so she definitely isn't outside.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you checked any closets, bathroom, cabinets, etc. you might have opened any time today? Kitties have a way of getting themselves locked in a place, then taking a nap so we freak out about them! I'm sure she'll turn up and start calling for help when she wakes up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazykitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is still missing and I have looked everywhere I can think of.
I even shook a thing of treats and a toy that she plays with and got no response.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think almost every kitty manages to hide from us now and then! She's probably sleeping. I'd get a flashlight and serch all the dark corners and places you think are even too small for her. They can find the oddest places to hide and nap! Sometimes I just envy them for that!

crazykitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She just came out from under the couch!
I didn't even look there because I figured she wouldn't fit.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you found her! I swear, they get themselves in the strangest places. I was about ready to suggest checking the fridge! Belive it or not, Harley snuck in ours one time when he was little. He wasn't in there long, but I felt so terrible! He got lots of snuggles after that.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear you found her!

When Luna was a kitten I use to accidentally lock her in the pantry
She'd sneak in there behind my back and then an hour later I would hear her start crying. I always felt horrible.

Thankfully our pantry is TOO FULL so she doesn't sneak in there anymore.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you found her

You're like me and like to know where your kitties are every moment. Both of mine like to hang out in places where they can see me. However, Chynna loves to sleep in the pots cupboard in the kitchen. So if she is "missing", I can usually find her there or on my bed. Abby on the other hand is such a mommy's girl that if I don't see her near me, I worry and go off looking for her. Sometimes I'll find her on the bed if it's too cold in the living room. Other times in the bedroom closet.

If neither of them are where they should be, I freak and look and look until I find them.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm glad you found her.

Sometimes they will do things that are uncharacteristic, and then we freak out

Today when I came home, Trout didn't come out to greet me, so I was panicking..turns out she must have been feeling lazy and was laying on my bed

crazykitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I'm glad you found her! I swear, they get themselves in the strangest places. I was about ready to suggest checking the fridge! Belive it or not, Harley snuck in ours one time when he was little. He wasn't in there long, but I felt so terrible! He got lots of snuggles after that.
I actually did check the fridge because she tried getting in there yesterday.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to take it in stride when a kitty hid away like that for a long nap... but ever since that morning when I finally found Pearl behind the sofa with a spinal injury, barely able to walk at all, I go into a panic now, too. Can't rest until I'm sure everybody's okay!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazykitties

She just came out from under the couch!
I didn't even look there because I figured she wouldn't fit.
Mooch and Noodles still find a way to fit under our couch!

When we first brought them home they were about 10 weeks old. We hadn't intended on getting 2 babies so I didn't want to leave them in their carrier all night, so we locked them in the second bathroom with their litter box and things. Well come morning I was hearing some odd noises in the living room, so I got up to investigate. The little stinkers had gotten out from under the door!! I am still shocked they fit under it, but sure enough they did! I know for sure because I saw them do it again!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you found her.
Rocket made me late for work the other day. Since we've moved into this house I've done head checks because we don't have the screened in porches like we used to so I get worried that the cats will get outside, well I couldn't find Rocket, even doing the things you did, shaking the treat bag, calling and calling his name, looking any and everywhere, finally I called Dh in tears saying I couldn't find him and could he please find him when he got home and call me to let me know Rocket was ok? I was just about to leave for work when I thought I am just going to move these blankets out of the way so I don't trip on them again, well when I moved then there was a lump in them. You guessed it, Rocket was sleeping in the ONE place I didn't even think to check. I pciked him up, burried my head in his side and bawled telling him over and over not to scare his mommy like that. He just looked at me like I was nuts of course. The places they come up with to sleep. I swear he gave me two more gray hairs that day.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats can travel between different dimensions and timezones, if you have looked everywhere and can't find them and then they stroll up behind you it is just because they went into another dimension the same way as we go from one room to another

Glad that you found her, that has happened to me a few times and my cats can't get to the great outdoors either.