I got a haircut...

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and I hate it so much. I asked her to cut it, which she did fine and then put some layers in it. She put layers in the back and that was fine but then she asked if I wanted bangs and I said no and she pretty much gave me bangs.
If I put it behind my ears then I look ugly but I can't stand having hair on my face, especially when I am working. She basically cut bangs, but they are still off to the side.

To make it even worse, the lady was a
She was like "sit down!" when I first went in and then I asked her if she was going to wash my hair and she was like yes but sit down first and tell me what you want (but she said it in a really rude voice).

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you had this experience! That woman just lost a customer. They always want to give me bangs, too because I have a high forhead. I hate them.
The bangs should grow back soon. I bet it looks better than you think it does but I understand having a negative experience will cloud it all for you.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This is why I don't trust anyone to cut my hair anymore. The last time was my senior year in college (99) just before graduation. My hair was down to my butt. I asked for 3 inches MAX and she said she knew what I meant since she had the same type of hair as me (thick and curly). She obviously didn't and I ended up with hair to my shoulders. To this day I can not get it to grow that long again.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, that's why I search high and low for a hair dresser and avoid the cheap-o shop ones. I have had more bad experiences with the $11 hair cuts then the $50.

Anyways, I don't mind the bangs look, don't care if they cut them, but I hate the hairdressers that always try to sell me on highlights. My hair IS blonde and YOU can SEE that I dye it darker...for a REASON...I Look horrible as a blonde.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm terrified of hairdressers. I won't even go to one who hasn't been recommended to me by somebody I trust who is willing to stake her life on the recommendation!

The last time I tried someone new without a recommendation was twenty years ago. All I asked for was a simple non-layered blunt cut, chin-length in the front and curving around to mid-shoulder-blade in the back. Easy.

But this girl hacked away at it until she had given me what looked like a SIDEBURN on the right side, and when I stopped her and asked what on earth she was doing, she said, "Don't worry, I'll even it up."
But I didn't want SIDEBURNS, lady, even or otherwise!

And what's worse is... I have an old injury that's normally covered by the way I wear my hair. It's a big dent in the left side of my head at the temple, and for some reason, there's not as much hair on that side.

So when this girl went over there to even out her mistake, she said accusingly, "You don't have enough hair over here to fix it!"

I said, "Not much, no -- I had a head injury."

And she retorted, "Well, why didn't you tell me?"

After that, I cut my own hair for about five years. And did a far better job, too!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh gosh! I'm pretty paranoid about getting haircuts myself. I seem to have more problems with getting updo's than cuts though....but at least they are temporary...except the picture taking that follows!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like my hairdresser, but agreed to getting my hair cut for the Canadian equivalent of Locks of Love and haven't been happy with it since. Everyone tells me how great it looks, but I just don't feel it is me

Now I am super paranoid about going back because it is looking better growing out and I don't want it styled back like that even though everyone else thinks it suits me and I can't think of a better alternative

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister got a haircut in a certain Tillsonburg mall that shall remain nameless....and she HATED it. She said the girl had no idea what she was doing, and totally screwed up my sisters hair!

I wonder if you two went to the same place

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh! That is too bad that that had to happen to you! I have a friend who cuts my hair. I do not like anyone else cutting my hair because it never comes out the way I want it! And then I cut DH hair. He doesn't care how I cut it because he knows I will do a good job because I am the one who has to be seen with him!!

But, I know it is hard now for you. It is no fun having a hair cut that you don't like! But just know that it is only hair and it will grow back! Hang in there!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

and I hate it so much. I asked her to cut it, which she did fine and then put some layers in it. She put layers in the back and that was fine but then she asked if I wanted bangs and I said no and she pretty much gave me bangs.
If I put it behind my ears then I look ugly but I can't stand having hair on my face, especially when I am working. She basically cut bangs, but they are still off to the side.

To make it even worse, the lady was a
She was like "sit down!" when I first went in and then I asked her if she was going to wash my hair and she was like yes but sit down first and tell me what you want (but she said it in a really rude voice).
*hands you a wig and goes to kick the hairdressers butt!!*

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AAAwww...
Girl I so totally feel ya on this one. I had the best most awesomest hairstylest in the world in Wisconsin, and she wanted to see me one more time before I left, but my babysitter cancelled last minute, and I didnt get to go. And now I live in Florida, my goodness....WHAT'S A GIRL TO DO!
Anyways-
my advice is find a hairstylest you love. And you will find one someday. I usually just go there, and watch 'em for a while, & see if I like them before I make an appointment. Because a girls hair is nothing to mess around with.
And I always learned if you want 3 inches off, say 2 and 1/2. and I always, always, say DONT TOUCH MY BANGS.
I think a girls bangs are part of her, and she can fix them herself, and hairstylests usually know that, she should have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

My sister got a haircut in a certain Tillsonburg mall that shall remain nameless....and she HATED it. She said the girl had no idea what she was doing, and totally screwed up my sisters hair!

I wonder if you two went to the same place
I went to hairmasters in the Tillsonburg Town Centre. The one girl there cut my hair a few times and I loved it but she was busy yesterday.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I went to hairmasters in the Tillsonburg Town Centre. The one girl there cut my hair a few times and I loved it but she was busy yesterday.
My sister too..her regular girl wasn't there either..OMG I wonder if the same bad haircutter did both of you

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that sucks!
I had a bad experience here once, and they charged me $150 for a cut & color!
My stylist back home that I've been going to for 10 years does the same for only $30! So, now I schedule my haircuts and highlights/color when I go home to see my family. I don't take any risks anymore, my hair is too important to me

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I learnt my lesson, never walk into a hairdresser and tell her what you want. Ask her first what she reccomeds, and get her to flick through the book of pictures and describe it! If it sounds good and it meets your requirements shes the one! Ive had horrible haircuts ever since i left Australia and now i absolutely LOVE this hairdresser i found 2 weeks ago!!!! and best part is! its CHEAP!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

My sister too..her regular girl wasn't there either..OMG I wonder if the same bad haircutter did both of you
If she had an older lady then it was probably the same person. Everyone is young there except one lady.