Oh no, Charlie got a mouse!!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
RAR!!! You're mine!!

First i'll bat it around a bit

Then i'll bite its tail off!!

Maybe if i smother it with my winter coat..

That was hard work, i think i'll sleep now

And here's the little culprit

I made it this morning. It's a little shoddy as i was trying to push the needle through suede! Very tough stuff and as i had to turn it back outside in sometime after stuffing it, the last bit is blanket stitch while the rest is tidy. The tail, ears and whiskers are all sewn in, no glue. And as you can see, Sir Chuckalot loves it! it's the first mouse i've made, and no catnip. I think Charlie doesn't have the catnip gene in him, nothing's ever worked.

Do you like it? I didn't even have a pattern or inspiration for it!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's adorable! And, Charlie obviously loves it. How long did it take you to make it? You didn't have a pattern or anything to go by? I wouldn't even know where to begin, but then threading a needle is a challange for me

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blaze gave it a thumbs up.But like Aristotle, she prefers the real mice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I think it's adorable! And, Charlie obviously loves it. How long did it take you to make it? You didn't have a pattern or anything to go by? I wouldn't even know where to begin, but then threading a needle is a challange for me
Ummm maybe half an hour to cut out everything and sew, it's a really annoying material to work with when what you're making is small and fiddly.

Well Charlie can't have real mice because he is no longer an outdoor cat. But i havent seen him with any animals since we moved here, at the other house we were opposite bushland and now we're quite a distance from the national park so no creatures, and the possums are as big as him! lol. But i have a nice collection of toys to throw into his enclosure which guess what?? we finish today!!! *dances* i'm going to pave one corner of it for his food/water bowl as it's quite grassy. He will have to stick to this 3x3 metre enclosure for now, but hopefully in a couple of months we will add the run bit which will be im planning about nine metres going out one side of the playpen wall, and back in (making it go around the clothes line) (so three walls 2-3 metres long), and ive got to go shopping for a climbing tree or really big scratching post. Once it's done ill take pics.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The mouse is cute! And Charlie....I just LOVE his face in the first pic.
:

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like it was a hit, catnip or no.
Very cute! That should last him a while.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

The mouse is cute! And Charlie....I just LOVE his face in the first pic.
:
Natalie, how are you doing? I am thinking of you. I know it is still hard.
Bobbie

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excellent! Isn't it satisfying to make things for your kitty? A couple of years ago, during a long period of hospitalization for my father, I did a lot of crocheting while keeping him company, and both our house and the shelter where I volunteer are full of crocheted dangly things now... I feel so proud when I see kitties playing with them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
nikki, i LOVE your signature!! All hail the white kitties

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Excellent! Isn't it satisfying to make things for your kitty? A couple of years ago, during a long period of hospitalization for my father, I did a lot of crocheting while keeping him company, and both our house and the shelter where I volunteer are full of crocheted dangly things now... I feel so proud when I see kitties playing with them!
I should do it more often. Give myself something new to do while looking for work and dealing with my issues. It's therapy